Tuesday 21 October 2014

What I'm wearing.... Creams, Camels and Capes

So the weather has turned crazy, one minute it's sunny the next it's like a hurricane and there's dustbins flying around!! Winter is definitely here and it seems it's here to stay. Before the Monsoon weather began it was quite nice on the odd occasion so I decided to embrace autumns colour palettes, but didn't need to wrap up too much as the sun was still out. I do love bright colours but I can tone it down too and do love A/W shades. In particular I like a lot of the camel/beige shades and the capes that are around at the moment. 



I actually got this camel Cape a few years ago from French Connection and have barely worn it, it's so similar to styles on the high street at the moment and is a thickish wool material, it has fluffy Pom poms and a hood so it's pretty perfect for the season. Capes are quite handy as an alternative to a coat as sometimes when you're layering up or have chunky knitwear on its hard to get your coat on top without looking like the Michelin man. So they allow you to wear as many layers as you want and just simply drape the Cape on top. I wore my wool check shorts that I absolutely love for winter, the print is gorgeous and never really dates. They're quite cosy due to the material and look great bare legged or with chunky tights. As there's so many colours in the print they look great with coloured tights too, I love wearing them with my forest green or burgundy tights. I got this gorgeous 3d floral sweatshirt from American Apparel quite a while back and it's great for all seasons as it's actually quite thick, although it's all made of a mesh like material. It's cream with a floral design all over and even though I don't wear it that much it's one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe and I can't part with it. I tucked it into the shorts and wore cream lace socks to tie in with the top and suede effect sandals. I got this fedora a couple of weeks back and it's the perfect colour for this season and has a real autumny feel. The sun was out (for a bit) so the Carmens came out, any excuse to wear them. I kept accessories minimal as there was a lot of detail in the outfit so just wore a small cross necklace and a vintage tan leather backpack. 




Camel Cape - French Connection
Check shorts - H&M
3d floral mesh sweatshirt - American Apparel
Lace socks - New Look
Tan suede effect sandals - Primark
Cross necklace - River Island
Camel fedora - Primark
Carmen sunglasses - Jeepers Peepers
Vintage leather backpack - Cow





Winters certainly here, so it looks like we're gonna have to wrap up and fire up the heating for the foreseeable future...brrrrr



No comments:

Post a Comment