Thursday 23 October 2014

Tea, cake and charity shops!!

So my friend came over to visit and we thought we'd actually have a wander out and go for some tea and cake and maybe a spot of lunch. We went to a cute tearooms quite local to me called Madhatters. It is Alice and wonderland themed with cute decor and delicious cakes. They have a different selection of light bites and snacks aswell as homemade cakes each day, we went for raspberry and blueberry drizzle and lemon drizzle. Of course we had to sample eachothers and although both cakes were gorgeous and so moist I was a little envious of my friend's as her lemon drizzle had buttercream that was to die for! The decor is super cute with fairy lights, leaves and even cakestands on the ceiling. There's unmatching shabby chic furniture and lamps which I adore, and pictures and canvases aswell as other Alice themed bits and bobs dotted around. We got a pot of tea each and were given vintage China teacups and saucers, the only thing that was a little disappointing were the teapots weren't vintage China, but that didn't matter too much. They do afternoon tea but you have to book in advance so we may have to book and go another time as it was really nice.




After that we went to a couple of charity shops and some cute homeware shops. I got some bargains in one shop and walked away with 4 things for £12.50. I got this amazing real leather jacket for only £4 which is crazy, I wasn't sure about it at first as it's quite oversized and a longish style but I actually really liked it on, and how could I refuse at that price. I also got this cream flapper style fringe top that also has some beading detail for only £3.50. I love anything with a sunflower print and this cute tee was only £2 it's a little faded but I thought that kind of added to feel of it and it has a real 90s vibe. Lastly I got this crochet striped jumper for only £3, im loving all the lemony/lime colours around at the moment so really liked this when I spotted it.


We decided we were still way too full from our cake and were pushing it a little for time, so we sacrificed lunch and had a drive to another local town to a couple more charity shops. I didn't do so well with these ones but I did however manage to pick up another coat i probably don't need. I spotted it in the window as it is a bright yellow tartan/check, very clueless! I tried it on and knew I couldn't leave it behind. For £5.99 even if I barely wore it it'd still be worth it. I got this gorgeous silk Versace style chain print blouse from another shop for only £3.75. The colours are so nice and actually look fab underneath the leather jacket I got.



We had time to nip for one more treat and get some krispy kremes before I had to be back for the school run. We had a lovely catch up and I think I did pretty well with all these purchases for around £20, I really do love charity shops!!


The weather was pretty crappy so I didn't manage to get the best pictures of my outfit for the day but I wore my bargain skirt I got from Primark a couple of weeks ago for only £2 in the sale. I'd seen it on a few people's instagrams and had liked it so was so happy when I saw it at that price, I also got it in the grey but I haven't worn that yet. It's a sweatshirt material with wrap around sleeves to give the illusion of a jumper wrapped around it. The style is quite casual but also has a sports luxe vibe, but I thought I could grunge the black one up a bit. I teamed it with a tartan shirt tucked in, black fishnets and my Bethans. 




Sweatshirt skirt - Primark 
Tartan shirt - River Island
Fishnet tights - Primark
Dr Martens Bethans - Dr Martens
Lion head necklace - Primark
Backpack - Urban Outifitters 





No comments:

Post a Comment