Sunday 19 October 2014

In love with....Dr Martens Bethans

So I have been absolutely in love with the Dr Martens Bethans for sooo long. They come in Black, Cherry Red and White but at £130 the price is quite steep. Not only that, most sizes have been out of stock for months so I'd pretty much given up hope on ever owning a pair of these amazing shoes. Every so often I'd check the website to see if they had my size in stock and this week to my delight not only had the cherry red and white gone into the sale but my favourite colour (cherry red) actually had my size in stock. There were 11 in stock and I was debating wether I could actually afford them, I slept on it and the next day there were only 7 in stock. Ive never been one to miss out so I didn't want to let these babies pass me by, I knew I had to have them, so made the purchase! Delivery was super quick and they'd arrived within 2 days. 


I had read that they come up quite big and I am between sizes so was worried they may not fit. I couldn't wait to try them on but my heart did sink a little when I put them on and they were too big. When i tightened the buckles they were quite secure so I figured with insoles they could be ok. They didn't have a smaller size in stock so it was these or nothing. After some advice from the lovely girls on Instagram I decided lots of socks and insoles would be fine as I simply couldn't part with them. I didn't need telling twice and decided to wear them right away. I wore my black and white tartan/check pleated granny skirt I got from a charity shop with a chain detail belt. I wore a burgundy polo neck crop top to match with the cherry red of the Bethans. 




The Bethans themselves are from the retro quad collection and have a chunky double sole. They are a T bar/mary jane style and quite girly for DMs, as expected with Dr Martens they're super sturdy and very well made. Ive only worn them this once so far and didn't have chance to buy insoles yet so just wore chunky socks, but they were quite comfy, so I'm hoping they don't need much wearing in like a lot of DMs. 






Dr Martens Bethan - Dr Martens
Burgundy polo crop top - Ark
Tartan skirt - charity shop
Chain detail belt - River Island
Chunky white socks - Primark 
A initial curb necklace - Primark
Backpack - Urban Outfitters
Casio watch - American Apparel



I'm absolutely in love with these shoes and it was so worth the wait, especially as I got them for such a bargain price. Expect to see these in loads of my upcoming posts, as im sure I'm going to be living in them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment