Sunday 26 October 2014

Asking Alexandria, Stripes and Chiffon

So i've been wanting to see 'Asking Alexandria' for soo long, but they very rarely play the UK. As although the band are British they have moved to America so are mostly touring around the U.S. and the rest of the world as they are a lot bigger over there than in the UK. They announced a UK tour quite a few months back and I knew I couldn't miss out, I kept meaning to buy tickets then the day I decided to they had sold out, just my luck! We were going to go to another date instead but last week I managed to get hold of a pair of tickets on stub hub for Rock City and was so excited as I finally had tickets in hand and only a few days to wait.
I was working in the day and had gone past the venue earlier in the day and there were already crazy people queing outside at lunch time. I met my friend from work and we went to our fave spankys for some Rubys chicken, although we were very disappointed when we was told they no longer did fruilli on tap, that was our go to place for our fave meal/drink. So we ended up getting a not so cheap bottle of rose. 
We headed to Rock City just in time to grab a drink and get a good spot before they came on. The crowd was very young and I did feel quite old, there was a lot of crazy hair and gothic clothing and very excited teenie fans. It was quite odd as im used to more of an indie crowd with the gigs I usually go to. Although with the hysteria form the young girls in the crowd you could of mistaken it for a 1d concert. The band came on with the anthemic 'pray for me' which has an epic intro that was perfect for their entrance. I was pleased with the set as they did a good mix of old and new songs, even though they didn't do a few of my faves. I guess it is hard to fit 3 albums into 90mins though. 



A lot of people have slated Danny Worsnop for his voice after he tore a vocal cord a couple of years back. Since then his voice has changed and matured as he has mastered a way to make it so he could still sing after the injury. From seeing them live, yes when he sings the older songs it has changed, but this is obviously going to be the case as the songs were recorded before the injury. There were a lot of the deep and high screams that he didn't sing in the same way they are on the record but I don't think that matters, he still has an amazing voice. You can actually hear so much more of his vocals during the live set as he does a lot more actual singing. I also love the husky rasp he has in his voice now and it's a classic rock tone which may be different to before but still fab. He certainly dresses like an American cowboy but I was still fangirling and with that accent, oh my!!




Benjamin Bruce's softer voice sounded fab on joint vocals and the rest of the band played brilliantly too and the set was on point. There was a slight hiccup with the power on the last song (before the encore) and the set was halted for 5-10 mins but Danny kept everyone amused trying to get Ben to get naked. It ended with 'poison' and I felt sad it was over but super happy I'd finally seen them and actually a little bit tipsy after even more wine. We went to Rescue rooms for a couple of cocktails (with brollys) before catching the last bus home, work always ruins our fun!


I actually fitted in quite well with the black attire everyone seemed to be sporting as I wore my black Loving Youth Maxi slit top with black lace bralet underneath. I teamed them with my motel rocks stripe jordan jeans and in keeping with the Black and white I wore my white socks with black fluffy trim that I made. I'm still obsessed with my Bethan's so wore them, they are actually quite a suitable shoe for a gig with their steel toe caps.




Stripe jordan jeans - Motel Rocks
Mimi maxi slit top - Loving Youth
Lace bralet - Urban Outfitters 
Fluffy socks - Made by me
Dr martens Bethans - Dr Martens
Black velvet choker - Ebay
Tatto choker - Ebay
Backpack - Urban Outfitters 





4 comments:

  1. Love this outfit so much. The pop of cherry compliments the monochrome theme so nicely. Glad you had a great time, super big fan of your blog!!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, that's nice to hear, really glad you like it xx

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete