Wednesday 12 November 2014

Courteeners @ Rock City

So anybody that knows me will know I'm a huge Courteeners fan. I've been a fan from the start and the band have been my life for the past 7 years. I've actually lost count of how many times I've seen them but it's over 40 now. We were lucky enough to be put on the guestlist for Rock City so this meant we could go to more than one gig of the tour, (ones never enough) so this was gig 1 of 3. We usually get food and a few drinks before a gig but we were all pretty poor so we headed to Rescue Rooms as it was happy hour all night and swapped the food for wine. Before we knew it we'd sipped through a few bottles between us and it was time to head over to the venue. We arrived just before they came on and managed to get close to the front. They started with 'White Horses' the opener from 'Concrete Love' and it sounded just as epic live as on record. As expected it was a fab setlist with a mixture of old and new tracks. It's the first tour since 'Concrete Love' has been released so it was nice to hear the new tracks live, as I'd only heard a few live at festivals over the summer.




I'm lucky that I've got to see them so many times so I'm never disappointed with the setlist as I've had the opportunity to hear every song live. They have such a loyal fan base with many fans going to several gigs each tour, every person in the crowd sings every word back at them and jumps around. We managed to get to the front after a couple of songs, the crowd was pretty crazy so I couldn't really take many pictures and the ones I did are quite blurry. There are a few idiots on this tour who have been bringing flares and smoke bombs meaning the powers been cut and the band have had to go off stage. This gig was no exception as someone decided to set one off, luckily it was on the last song so it didn't stop the gig and the person was quickly ejected. The band always end on 'Not Nineteen Forvever' and 'What took you so long' and it's always a highlight as the crowd goes wild. As always it was a fab gig and I never wanted it to end. Luckily for me I get to do it all over again in Leicester on Saturday! We were supposed to get the last bus home, but the wine and generally being bad influences on eachother meant we decided to stay out. We went back to Rescue rooms for more cheap drinks, the band came in later on so we ended up staying in there drinking with them till it closed. To say we all had sore heads in the morning is an understatement, we definitely 'overdid it doll'. 



For the gig I wore quite a similar outfit to my last post. I picked up this fab 'Loving Youth' check cami dress in my local Topshop in the sale for only £5! It's a similar style to my 'Libby' cami dress but is slightly longer and has different straps at the back. I wore a black Bardot top underneath, fluffy socks and my nextranes.





Tartan/check cami dress - Loving Youth @ Topshop
Black Bardot top - Primark
Fluffy socks - made by me
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office
Tattoo choker - Ebay
Backpack - Urban Outfitters







No comments:

Post a Comment