Monday 17 November 2014

Courteeners @ Leicester o2 Academy

So in my post from last week I told you what a huge Courteeners fan I am. As we were on the guestlist for Rock city we could afford to get tickets to the next closest venue to us at Leicester's o2 Academy. My cousin has started uni there so we thought we'd have a night out and a catch up with her too. She didn't have a ticket and it had sold out but a last minute text putting me on the guestlist meant that she could come along with us, yaaay! We really wanted to see 'Blossoms' who were supporting but we were late as usual, so we are going to try our hardest not to miss them on Friday at the liverpool date. Even though we arrived late there was a huge queue and security were doing very thorough checks, I think the reports of the flares/smoke bombs had made them extra cautious. Saying that we hadn't been in the venue 5 minutes before somebody set a flare off. The crowd were very lairy and a lot of drinks were being thrown before they had even came on. We like to get as close as we can but the venue was so packed it was hard to try and move so we stayed further back for this one so we could still actually see. As soon as the band came on the crowd went wild, the setlist varied slightly to last weeks with a few songs being mixed up or swapped. It's nice that the band keep it fresh by varying it slightly each night and it's great for all the die hard fans who go to more than one date.




It seemed a lot of the crowd were very wasted by this point, I haven't seen that many drinks flying around for a while, im not sure why people waste them! Liam Fray always does a few songs acoustically towards the end of the set which is always a nice touch and great to hear live. It did kill us standing further back, so towards the end we took the plunge and ran into the crowd. We couldn't possibly not get in the action for the finale, the atmosphere was electric, with chants of 'what took you so long' still going as people filed out the venue. Once again it was a fabulous gig and im soo sad we only have one more date of the tour left, but with it being the final show on the tour I know it's going to be a good one!



After the gig we headed into town and if I'm honest the rest is a bit of a blur but we had a fabulous night and it was lovely to catch up with my cousin. I am absolutely useless when I go anywhere and never end up taking any pictures so unfortunately I don't have any outfit pictures from the night and the only picture I do have pretty much sums up the night, a blur.... and being very silly! I wore a fabulous sunflower playsuit I got from Ark that day in the sale and it was buy one get one free so I got some shorts in the same print and it only cost £12 for both, best bargain ever!! I will definitely wear it again soon and try and feature it in a blog post properly as I love it!


Sunflower playsuit - Ark
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office
Tassel socks - New Look

The next day we were craving buttermilk fried chicken and after googling we found a place with the perfect menu so headed over to the pub, only to find it was only serving Sunday roasts. We were gutted but also knackered so we got a taxi to the station and ended up going to a lovely pub next door to the station called 'The Parcel yard'. We had a chicken burger with fries and coleslaw and it was very yummy. I may not remember to take pictures of my outfits but I always remember my food!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment