Monday 10 November 2014

Catfish and the Bottlemen, Loving Youth and DMs

We got tickets for 'Catfish and the Bottlemen' a couple of months ago, we'd originally wanted tickets for rescue rooms  but the day I went to buy them it had sold out (this happens to me a lot) so the next closest venue was Leicester o2 academy so we snapped up tickets straight away. On arrival to the venue we was sent all the way around the building which I thought was odd, turns out there is more than one room and they were in the smaller room. I was expecting the main room as they could certainly have sold that out too. It was refreshing to see the promoters hadn't sold it out to a capacity where it's packed to the rafters and you can't move, let alone breathe. So we actually got a fairly good view and had space to move. There was support from 'Southern' an Irish brother and sister duo, I'd not heard of them before but the guys voice reminded me of Luke from the kooks in places and the songs were quite catchy so I may give them another listen. Next up it was Catfish, they came on and the crowd came to life. Frontman Van told us he was losing his voice so needed our help more than ever to sing along and the crowd certainly did that, shouting back every word at them. I personally couldn't tell and thought he sounded just as good as when I'd previously seen them. 




I've seen them in tiny venue The Vic in Derby earlier in the year and at Leeds festival so it was nice to see them in another fairly small venue. It was also the first time I'd seen them since they're debut 'The Balcony' has been out so it was nice to know all the songs this time. It was a fab setlist and the band put so much energy into they're live performances, Van is the loveliest man and must've said thankyou about 50 times. It's nice when a band are genuinely grateful and you can truly tell that they mean it. I definitely want to get tickets for the spring tour and I'm sure they'll be doing the festival circuit again next year. 


After a few glasses of wine we were feeling quite tipsy and kind of fancied going out. But we'd already decided to be sensible as we were poor from halloween weekend and have quite a few plans over the next few weeks that we need to save for. We got the train back picked up a mcds and went back to mine to watch X factor... So rock n roll!!

For the gig I kept it quite casual with a dress I've had for a few weeks now but I'd not got round to blogging it yet. It's from the 'Loving Youth' concession in topshop and was sold out instore and on their Asos marketplace so when it came back in stock in my local Topshop I had to have it. The print is in the style of the classic Burberry print, in a beige tartan/Check and it's called the 'Libby' cami dress. It's quite low at the front and back so it definitely needed something underneath. I picked out the white in the print and put a white Bardot top underneath and chunky white socks. Again picking out colours from the dress I teamed it with my cherry red Bethans, I accessoried with double tattoo chokers and chunky gold earrings, although I nearly lost one during the gig (i must've lost about 10 earring backs) they just don't want to stay in my ears! It's quite a school girl look with the pinafore style and Mary Janes so my backpack finished the look off perfectly. I'm in love with this dress and am definitely going to wear it more this a/w by layering it up with polos, crop tops and chunky tights. It would also be great with a chunky jumper over the top to give a skirt/top look. I'm after some knee high boots so it would look fab with those too. 






Check Libby cami dress - Loving Youth
White bardot top - Primark
White chunky socks - Primark
Dr Martens Bethan - Dr Martens
Double tattoo chokers - Ebay
Chunky earrings - Miss Selfridge
Backpack - Urban Outfitters 





3 comments:

  1. killing it as usual girl! I love that dress so much!!! I'v nominated you for the leibster award, if you're interested you can read more about it on my blog post, http://whatlilliadid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It sounds great, thanks for nominating me. I'm going to try and do a post back about it as soon as I can 😬 x

      Delete
  2. Don't suppose you're wanting to sell your Cami dress, I'm desperate for it and sold out everywhere lol

    ReplyDelete