Saturday 27 September 2014

What I'm wearing...vintage florals and velvet

So as the days are getting darker so are our wardrobes. I still like to wear bright colours whenever possible but I do tend do wear darker colours as the Autumn days set in. I've had a pretty quiet weekend as im trying to make sure I have money to try and get a glastonbury ticket next weekend. Typical me, already thinking about next summer.


So on Saturday I went for a very a/w look with vintage florals and velvet. I was clearing out my wardrobe and found this gorgeous vintage blouse I got from brick lane market last year. I totally forgot I had it and the colours are so gorgeous. I wore a burgundy velvet crop top underneath as it's quite sheer and teamed it with a bottle green velvet skater skirt. It's such a great colour and velvet seems to come back around every a/w. I got this last winter from Primark but got a couple in other colours the year before, im hoping they'll do more colours this season as I love it and it's so easy to wear. It's still not super cold so I wore fishnet tights and chunky cherry red DM style boots. My tassel backpack also had its first outing and I kept it simple with accessories and wore my chain detail belt and 'A' initial necklace. I also threw on my vintage fur coat as it dropped a little chilly as the day went on.





Vintage floral blouse - Brick Lane Market
Velvet green skater skirt - Primark
Burgundy velvet crop top (underneath blouse) - Urban Outfitters
Cherry red chunky Boots - Primark 
Fishnet tights - Primark
'A' initial necklace - Primark
Tassel backpack - Primark
Chunky chain detail belt - River Island
Vintage fur coat - Handed down from my Mama



I'm not liking this chillier weather but I do love my fur coat so atleast I can get that back out. I said I was going to make do with the coats I already have this year, but I've seen so many amazing ones I feel I need already. Have you got your winter coat yet?!



No comments:

Post a Comment