Monday 15 September 2014

What I'm wearing...ASHISH X Topshop

I haven't been on a proper night out for ages, it's mostly been gigs/festivals lately so I was really looking forward to going out on Saturday. I hadn't seen a couple of the girls for aggges so was looking forward to a good girly catch up.


I had my eye on the ASHISH X Topshop range as soon as it launched but alot of the items were quite pricey so I hadn't actually got round to buying any. The 'Censored mesh dress' was one of my fave pieces, and when it went into the sale I was very tempted. I kept my eye on it and to my absolute joy it went down to £15 from £65, bargain!! So it just had to be mine, I was so excited for it to arrive and it was definitely worth the wait. It's a nice cotton fishnet like material and was much thicker and sturdier than I expected. I love the sequin cross detail to the chest it's so quirky and fun. Ive had the dress for a couple of weeks so was eager to wear it and thought it would be perfect for the night with the girls.


I had a few ideas of things to wear under it but decided to go for a white cami dress to emphasise the cross detail. I teamed it with my platform shoes, which are very similar to the Jeffrey Campbell Barclays that I adore, but they were a fraction of the price. Some frilly socks and my gorgeous feather bag which id actually forgot I had. I did mini cyber buns in my hair and glittery turquoise lips as I'd loved wearing them at Leeds and I thought why not take the festival lips on a night out too.


I used one of my favourite lipsticks, which is a metallic turquoise (shade 104) by Stargazer , I got it from eBay but they're available in loads of places, the fancy dress shop luvyababes sells them for £2.99 and they are £3.50 on the stargazer website. They do so many amazing colours and the coverage is really good for such a cheap product. I dabbed on some fine turquoise glitter with a cotton bud after I applied the lipstick. My glitter is a craft glitter from eBay but any fine glitter will work. You can use any colour lipstick and glitter and it's a really nice alternative to just plain lipstick.



I loved this outfit and got a quite few compliments on my dress. I can't wait to wear it again and style it up differently, it would also be great for the daytime with a darker colour underneath and grungy boots or dms. Unfortunately the dress is sold out online but if you're lucky they may have some left in the bigger Topshop stores like Oxford Circus.




Censored mesh dress - ASHISH X Topshop £15 down from £65
Thunder block heel platform shoes - SPYLOVEBUY £42.95
Feather bag - Topshop
Frilly socks - Primark
Tattoo choker - eBay 
Turqouise metallic lipstick shade 104 - eBay £2.99
Turquoise fine glitter - eBay 
Septum clicker - eBay 



Overall we had a fab night and it was lovely to catch up with the girls. I ended the weekend with a lazy Sunday and a huge KFC, it's what weekends are all about isn't it?!


No comments:

Post a Comment