Sunday 21 September 2014

Girls just wanna have fun...cute day out and mini haul

So on Saturday I arranged to meet with one of my longest friends for a catch up, a spot of shopping and some lunch.


XoX 

I haven't had a proper shop for ages and was looking forward to a splurge in primark as I'd seen so much recently, but been to poor to buy anything. I was a little underwhelmed with their stock though and the amazing brogues I'd gone in for had all gone (sadface). So I only left with a couple of bits. I got a cute grid pinafore dress and a travel card holder. I also got an amazing backpack with tassel detail, I'd been after a new backpack for a while as the fastening has broke on my black one. I also got another fedora, camel this time. It's the only style that really seems to suit me now I have this hairstyle and it's nice to have a colour that stands out against my hair.


Pinafore dress - £8
Tassel backpack - £12
Camel fedora - £7
Travel card holder - £1
All primark 

XoX

We went to a few more shops then decided we'd actually go and eat before we died of starvation. We had our heart set on going to Annie's Burger Shack as everytime I'd tried to go it was super busy and we couldn't get a table. To our joy when we walked in the lovely waitress said she could seat us in around 30 mins and we could get a drink in the tavern downstairs whilst we waited. We looked at the extensive selection of gourmet burgers on the menu and simply couldn't decide.



I wanted to mix all the amazing things into one massive burger. It took us a good half hour or more to decide but in the end I went for the 'Malibu surf and turf.' I usually stick to what I know and am not that adventurous, as I love food so much I never want to regret my decision or have food envy of my fellow diner. My friend went for the 'mushroom Swiss' which although more basic, still sounded amazing.  



The food arrived quite quickly, it was huuuge. We attempted to pick our burgers up and even though I'd cut it in half it was literally impossible to eat. I had to resort to cutting it with a knife and fork but it was gorgeous, the meat was so succulent and tasty. I definitely think I'd try the sweet potato fries next time though, I went for skinny fries and had food envy of the people around us with sweet potato. 






The table behind us were celebrating a birthday and the lovely man who's birthday it was gave us a cupcake from his birthday cake, I could barely manage another mouthful but I was never going to turn down free cake!! Our waitress was really nice and I'd definately recommended it, I hope I'll be able to get a table again there soon, it was so worth the wait.



XoX

After food we hit the shops again, Ark had so many lovely things in and they had a great sale on. I was so happy to see the motel rocks daisy costume down to £15 from £38.99. I've had my eye on it all summer to wear as a costume and a bodysuit. I know summers technically over but it's always nice to have a costume and im sure I can wear it next summer too, but it can be worn as a bodysuit all year round. I do like when you can wear as both, it gets your wear out of it.


Motel Rocks Daisy Costume - on sale £15 was £38.99 from Ark 

XoX

In H&M I got these awesome jogger style pu leather trousers, id seen them a few days before but they only had one tiny size left, so I was so pleased when I saw my size. I really liked the fit and thought they'd be great for dressing up or down this season. I also couldn't resist this cute tee with rainbows, fast food and pineapples on, I'm such a child. I also got these fab hair elastics for 50p a pack in the sale, they have some similar ones in urban outfitters for £8 a pack so they were such a bargain.



Pu Leather Joggers - £24.99
Fun sketch crop top - £6.99
Glitter hair elastics - 50p on sale from £1.99
All H&M

XoX

Finally we went in Urban outfitters there was loads I wanted but I was on a budget so had to resist. I had been eyeing up a backpack in there for a couple of weeks which had gone down to £20 so was originally going to go and buy it before I saw the primark one. As I gandered over to the bags I saw it was down to £10 (omg) even though I'd already bought one it was an offer I couldn't refuse surely?! And it was smaller and more suitable for evening aswell as daytime use. My theory was I was going to pay £20 for it anyway so £22 for two was allowed (well that's what I've told myself). 


Buckle detail backpack - £10 on sale from £38 (I can't find it online but here is a similar one on sale for £20).

XoX

They've recently got a photo booth in the store so we decided to give it a try, it was £4 a go. It was all quite quick and I forgot that you could choose colour, b+w or sepia print, (I would've preferred b+w) so we ended up with colour. It prints out 3 tearable strips, a lot of people had stuck a strip on the booth but we decided to take all of ours, they didn't quite turn out as well as we'd hoped. 


There's a code on your picture and you can go on the website and find your picture, from there you can watch the video, share the link various ways such as Facebook, twitter etc or share the actual photo strip on Facebook or twitter. You can also choose from lots of backgrounds and save to your phone in a size made perfectly for Instagram. It's such a cool idea and I'd definately like to have some more taken, but actually know where to look (the screen, not the lens). For £4 it's quite reasonable as you get the 3 print outs and the choice to share and save the picture. It was also a nice little memory to keep from our girly day out.



XoX


My outfit for the day:
Green trousers with chain belt - River Island
Fishnet top - Ann Summers
Lace Bralet - Urban Outfitters
Floral maxi kimono - Tkmaxx
Black fedora - Primark
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office


We had a lovely day, even if it did go a bit quick for our liking. Time flies when your having fun and spending money you shouldn't be. Look out for upcoming posts where I will be styling up my new goodies, can't wait!!




No comments:

Post a Comment