Wednesday 17 September 2014

Let's talk about....London Fashion Week

So for the past few days it has been the prestigious London Fashion Week. With designers showcasing their spring/summer 2015 collections. In the celebrity world anyone who's anyone has showed there face. I have never been but would absolutely love to go, it's made me jealous seeing all the amazing pictures on Instagram. I don't claim to be an expert on the fashion world and probabaly haven't heard of a lot of the designers showcasing there work. But I still love looking at the pictures and watching the videos of the catwalk shows. It's nice to discover new designers too, even though the chances of me ever affording any of their amazing pieces are rather slim. So there are literally so many designers at London fashion week, but I've picked out a few of my favourite Designers/catwalk shows from the past few days.

XoX


On the first day shows included PPQ, Felder Felder, and my favourite from this day Shrimps. Shrimps is from London whose signature pieces are luxurious fur outerwear and accessories. 



The details are amazing and I'm a sucker for anything furry so I adore this collection and the colours are just to die for.


XoX

Next up its day two, with shows including Lulu & co, Markus Lupfer, Sibling and House of Holland. I think this was one of my favourite days with me picking out some of the looks from each of these designers. Lulu & Co is creatively directed by Lulu Kennedy who is renowned for her eclectic eye and london attitude. The collection is bold with many statement pieces and prints, the styling for the models was amazing, I loved the accessories and the fringed tinsel like earrings complimented the outfits perfectly.





XoX

Markus Lupfer is one of my favourite designers, and a regular to fashion week. His signature style is unique everyday basics and classic knitwear that are given a new lease of life with his quirky designs, his sequin embroidery has won him fans the world over. The SS15 collection has got a Californian dreaming vibe with holographics, wetsuit detailing and my faves jelly sandals.





XoX

Next up Sibling, a collaboration between designers Sid Bryan, Joe Bates and Cozette McCreery. They're signature style is colour, humour and sparkle (my faves) so obviously I love this collection. It's so fun and the bow headwear on the catwalk show looked amazing, the graphic prints are gorgeous but I also adore the more feminine cute pastel designs with the frills and check.


XoX

House of Holland by Henry Holland is definately a favourite of mine and one designer I do actually follow. I think he's fab and his designs are perfect. He has so many trademark looks and his designs are always bold and out there. Many celebrities wear his collections some of them being his friends, such as Lilly Allen and Nicola Roberts, oh how I'd love to be in they're gang (sigh). So the SS15 collection is as expected, bright with lots of print and glitz, the attention to detail is just amazing with appliqué flowers on a lot of the garments. With holographic garments in this collection too it seems the holographic trend is here to stay...atleast till next SS (yay!). 







XoX

So the third day saw catwalk shows including Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Mulberry, Topshop Unique and Richard Nicoll. Topshop Unique had the stunning Cara Delevingne walking the catwalk, who is currently the face of their Topshop campaign. The first part of the collection had a preppy/nautical feel with block colours and luxe casual wear. The second had stunning evening wear including sheer dresses with gorgeous embellishment detail.




XoX 

I just had to mention Richard Nicoll, who is known for his androgynous styles, but for his SS15 collection there were feminine spaghetti straps, pastel palettes with layering and irridescent panels playing a big part. Aswell as the most amazing LED dress that I would do anything for (wow!).




How good is the LED dress though?!

XoX

The fourth day we saw catwalk shows from Giles, Tom Ford, Christopher Kane and Fashion week favourite Burberry Prorsum. Christopher Bailey is the chief creative director for Burberry and has won many awards for his work and rightly so, the collections and ad campaigns are always gorgeous. One of the Models of the moment Suki Waterhouse opened and closed the show and she looked amazing, aswell as the beautiful Jourdan Dunn walking in the show. There was a lot of netting/tulle and dip dye effects to a lot of the materials. Denim and trainers also played a big part giving the collection a casual edge, with most of the models wearing trainers. There were also some fab prints and a beautiful fluffy coat.




XoX

So the final day saw catwalk shows from Meadham Kirchhoff and Ashish, more of my favourite designers. Edward Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff are the faces behind Meadham Kirchoff, their styles are very unusual and embody rebel culture, youth spirit, and they certainly stand out from the crowd. 



XoX

In my opinion I've saved the best till last, the amazing Ashish. Ashish Gupta's signature designs are sequins, glamour, sportswear and you guessed it more sequins. Who doesn't love sequins, I know I certainly do. It was a rainbow-hued collection, with a touch of snakeskin and denim. With the most amazing bejewelled feather platforms worn by most of the models. Kim and Kanye and Miley Cyrus even showed their faces on the catwalk in the form of some very amazing sweatshirts. 





I can't even begin to describe how much I love this collection, its just pure brilliance and definitely my top pick from this years Fashion week. I also love his Ashish X topshop range as it's a lot more affordable than his usual range, but just as fab. I really like when designers collaborate with a high street brand for us paupers. But for now (and maybe forever) this amazing SS collection will just have to stay on my wishlist!



XoX

So it seems to have been another amazing fashion week and I have loved following it. The London Fashion Week website has got some great videos and pictures from the past few days, so be sure to check it out if you want to see more catwalk shows/designers. Maybe one year I'll actually get to go and see it all in the flesh (fingers crossed). Which shows have been your highlight?!



No comments:

Post a Comment