Saturday 6 September 2014

Sooo summers over...let's recap

So sadly summer is over already, as I've started my blog later than I'd of liked I wanted to do my first proper post with a recap of my summer as it's my favourite time of the year. I've been lucky enough to do quite a lot of fun things this summer so would like to share a few of those events with you, along with my outfits.

XoX

First up, the girls and I went to one of the highly anticipated Arctic monkeys gigs at Finsbury park. We went on the Saturday with support from Royal Blood, Tame impala and Miles Kane. As usual we were late and missed some of Royal Bloods set but what we did see was amazing. Followed by Tame Impala and Miles who were both fab. The weather held up and it was a fab day even if the main event was a little blurry ( too much wine). 


For the event i tried to dress weather appropriate as unfortunately the sun was not shining that morning and the ground was quite muddy. So I went for a crochet dress with a cami dress underneath, teamed with a leather jacket and cut out boots and two french plaits so my hair didn't go wild.


Crochet dress - Topshop
Cami dress - Primark 
Cut out boots - Ark
Tattoo choker - Ebay
Creole earrings - New Look
Leather jacket (in other picture) -Topshop

XoX

Another event was kasabian at Leicester's victoria park, another highly anticipated gig with it being a massive homecoming gig for the band. They have always been one of my favourite bands and they certainly didn't disappoint. The atmosphere in the city was electric and it seemed that the whole of Leicester was going to the gig with the streets lined with people drinking and getting hyped up for the gig. As usual we were late so didn't see all the support but Zane Lowe did a dj set and we managed to catch the Rudimental dj set which was fab and they really got the crowd going for kasabian. They were on form as usual and it was a really special gig, for the crowd and the band.


I wore a 90s esque outfit for this, mixing prints and bright colours, with a crop top, cullottes and an oversized blazer.


Plinted ruffle crop top - Cow vintage
Spotty cullotte shorts - Henry holland for Debenhams 
Turquoise Bandeau - primark
Bumbag - Primark
Chunky white sandals - New Look
Frilly socks - primark 
Oversized blazer (below) - Cow vintage



XoX

Another amazing event I went to was The  Libertines at Hyde Park which was in the series of Barclays Great british summer time events (BST). There was a lot of support on the day including The Enemy, Wolf Alice, Reverand and the Makers, Swim Deep, Darlia and The View. In our usual fashion we was later than planned so didn't get to see Darlia who I've been wanting to see for ages. We arrived as The Enemy were on and managed to catch some of the big anthems. There were a few stages across the park but the set up was quite poor and the capacity for one of the stages (an indoor west chance salon style stage) where a lot of great bands were was only a few hundred, so at such a large event this caused some problems and a lot of pushing. We were trying to get in as Wolf Alice were on but unfortunately we had no chance, we did manage to get in for Reverand and the makers though who were amazing and the crowd literally broke the floor meaning no more acts could perform on that stage, I think the stage was even closed for the next few BST events. They let maybe 100 or so people into another tiny tent where swim deep performed instead and we managed to get in, they were great. After that we went on the hunt for the summer stage where The view performed, they are another of my favourite bands and put on a fab show as usual. 



After that is was time for the boys in the band The Libertines, they are one of my favourite bands (I have lyrics from 'Time for heroes' tattooed on my ribs) I'd been lucky enough to see them at Leeds festival in 2010 and was so happy they've reunited again. They were amazing and despite there being alot of reports of the gig being very rough, I was at the front and didn't think it was too bad, unless I was just oblivious as I was too wrapped up in the moment (and had too much wine again). 



Unfotunately I don't have a full length picture of my outfit for this but I wore a crochet dress with a lime skater dress underneath, a long floral kimono, bum bag and fedora (witch hat).


Crochet dress - Tkmaxx
Lime skater dress - Primark
Long floral kimono - Tkmaxx
Beaded pompom bumbag - Primark
Fedora - Primark 
A initial necklace - Primark
Cut out boots - Ark



XoX

Next up we went to Benicassim (FIB) festival in Spain. I don't want to bore you too much as this event would've had a post of its own as it was a week full of fun in the sun, so here's a quick roundup. It was the third time I've been and with acts such as The Courteeners, Kasabian, The Libertines, The 1975, Lily Allen, Chase and Status and Paolo Nutini to name a few, I knew we were in for a treat. We spent most of our daytimes relaxing on the beach and recovering from the night before and eating at our favourite restaurant on the beach. We also had a day at the water park. The week was amazing and the bands didn't disappoint. It's a really relaxing atmosphere there and it doesn't really matter who's on the bill as you're sure to have a great time and meet great people. I'd definitely recommended it especially if you love festivals but would like a beach holiday all rolled into one. 

I don't actually have that many pictures where you can see my outfits in full, mostly just arms length selfies. But here's a few where you can get the jist of the outfit.



Backless eye playsuit - Ark
White crochet bikini (underneath) -Primark
White bumbag - primark
Scrunchie - made by me, available on my depop (username - ashtonleigh_xx)
Earrings - Miss selfridge 
Shell phone - Maria's (apartment owner)



Backless bodysuit - American apparel
Floral skort - Primark
Bumbag - Primark
Lace kimono - Primark
Tattoo choker - Ebay



I finally got to wear my amazing Hotmess toyshop dress the girls got me for my birthday, I'd been waiting to wear it for over a month and loved wearing it here, it's such a summery fun piece and the print is amazing with retro toys all over it.



Backless toyshop dress - Hotmess clothing 
High top blazers - Nike
Tattoo choker - Ebay
Velvet Scrunchies - made by me, available on my depop (ashtonleigh_xx)
Flamingo cup holder - Ebay



XoX

There's been so many more fun things I've done but I don't want to drag this out forever, so will leave you with my last big event of the summer, Leeds festival. I've been every year since 2008 apart from 2011 and it's a festival I just can't miss. The line up is always full of my favourite bands and this year was no exception with The Courteeners, You Me At Six, Sleeping With Sirens, The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, Twin Atlantic, Paramore, Disclosure, in fact too many to name. It was a fabulous weekend as always and the rain actually wasn't too bad for once. Again I'm rubbish at remembering to take outfit or full length photos (we love a arms length selfie) but here's a couple of pictures I do have.



The Leeds fest crew, love these guys.



Stripey denim dress - Topshop
Anchor print rain mac - Asos
White bumbag - Primark
Sunglasses - Topshop
Fedora - Primark
A initial necklace - Primark
Wellies - Topshop
Sunglasses chain - H&M




Halter neck toyshop dress - Hotmess clothing 
Lime lace kimono - Primark 
Wellies - Topshop
Inflatable flower backpack - Ebay
Velvet scrunchies - made by me (depop - ashtonleigh_xx)
Loomband choker - made my Mia (my daughter)
Sunglasses - Topshop
Sunglasses chain - H&M



Overall I've had an amazing summer shared mostly with these two sassy humans (above) it's been hard to try and squeeze it all into one post and I hope I haven't bored you too much. My next posts will be much shorter (I promise). 




No comments:

Post a Comment