Friday 26 September 2014

Darlia, Leopard and Leather....

So last night I finally got to see Darlia. After trying and failing all summer at a few festivals as there was always clashes or we were running late, we were so happy when we saw they were playing at our local venue Rescue Rooms. It was only £8 so an absolute bargain and a gig we couldn't miss.


We went for some food first and after saying we'd try somewhere new we ended up back at our usual haunt spanky van dykes for our favourite Fried chicken in a basket (so yummy). 


We had a couple of drinks in the bar at rescue rooms, then headed into the main room just before they came on. You may have heard their track 'Dear Diary' being played on Made In Chelsea. But if you haven't heard of Darlia they're a three-piece from Blackpool, Nathan Day (Vocals/Guitar), Dave Williams (Bass) and Jack Bentham (Drums). Nathan's voice goes from a husky whisper to a rasping roar, with them ready receiving comparisons to Nirvana. They sure can make a lot of noise for two guitars and a drum kit.  



The set was quite short lasting around 35mins but I didn't really expect much longer as they don't have a debut album out yet. They're still fairly new on the scene so if you can catch them at a local venue I'd definately recommend snapping up some tickets while you can.


I really enjoyed the gig they were excellent live, even though the crowd weren't that lively. I hope to see big things from these guys and im sure they'll be playing all the festivals next year so I can catch them again. I'm also excited for them to release their debut. If you want to check them out they have a couple of Eps available on iTunes, definately worth a couple of pounds.

XoX

After the gig we went to check out a new venue The Bunker as it was their opening night. As we walked in we were handed two free drinks coupons each. You go down some stairs and it's been converted to look like an old army bunker with underground lights, it's quite dimly lit  but goes with the theme and I really liked the decor. 



There was a good selection of drinks to choose from for our freebies but we went for the Refresher cocktail that came in a Victorian sweet jar and the Jam Doughnut shooter. The rest of the cocktails, shooters and bombs all sounded yummy, they also do beer pong complete with red cups and ping pong balls. Each cocktail can be served singularly or as a sharer and there was on offer on shooters if you got 4. The prices were quite reasonable and our drinks were really tasty, even more so because they were free. I'll definately go back to the venue to check out the rest of the drinks.



XoX

I wore my new leather look joggers and a long sleeve leopard print crop top. I blinged it up with a chunky lion head necklace and my new set of rings. I wore my vintage purple/pink blazer for a colour  pop and black lace socks with my Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes. I love my fedora at the moment so teamed it with that and my new urban outfitters backpack.










Pu leather Joggers - H&M
Leopard print polo crop top - Primark
Vintage Pink/purple blazer - Cow
Black lace socks - New Look
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office
Lion head necklace - Primark
Set of four chunky rings - New Look
Black Fedora - Primark
Black backpack - Urban Outfitters 
Lipstick Mac Heroine - Mac







Unfortunately we had to be sensible Sallys due to work so couldn't stay out all night, even though Rock city's expanding queue was very tempting, but we had a fab night nonetheless. I may not be a fan of this season but the one good thing is there's plenty of autumn/winter tours to keep me going. Have you got any gigs planned?!


No comments:

Post a Comment