Thursday 18 September 2014

Ways to wear...Loving Youth 'Mimi maxi slit top'

Loving Youth is a uk brand, they have concessions in many Topshop stores across the uk (check the website for your nearest stockist). It's definitely my favourite concession in my local Topshop at the moment, with reworked vintage pieces aswell as new on trend pieces. All their clothing is made and remade in the uk, they also sell a selection of their range on Asos Marketplace. I've got my eye on the Tartan 'Libby' cami dress which is now back in stock, I definitely need it in my life after pay day. 


So last week I was lucky enough to be sent the gorgeous 'mimi' maxi slit top from the lovely Faye at Loving Youth. I'd had my eye on this item after seeing pictures on their Instagram, so was so excited when I opened the parcel. It's actually a top but due to it being a maxi length it could also be worn as a dress as it is sheer chiffon, so needs clothing underneath either way. It's such a versatile piece and everything I tried it on with I really liked, so I decided to do a mini lookbook. I did four different looks with two casual daytime looks and two more dressy looks, possibly for evening wear.


XoX 

So with my first look I've gone for a daytime look with checked trousers and a leather look bralet, with the 'mimi' top layered on top. I wore my trusty Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes and a black studded backpack. I accessorised with a tattoo choker, doubled up with a black velvet choker with pendant and my fedora hat. This look is great for a lunch date or day shopping, it's fab for the upcoming colder months and would team well with a leather jacket or fur coat on those colder days.






Check trousers - Primark
'Mimi' maxi slit top - Loving Youth
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office
Leather look bralet - Primark
Studded backpack - Miss Selfridge
Tattoo Choker - Ebay
Velvet choker - Ebay
Fedora Hat - Primark


XoX

For my second look I wore a burgundy polo crop top and wool check skirt, again with the 'mimi' layered on top. I wore my chunky cherry red DM style boots, suede teardrop bag and fedora. It seems check and tartan is back again this A/W so this skirt is perfect and the layering of the polo and the top is great together, you could also wear a long sleeve polo on colder days and team the skirt with tights if it's a bit chillier. 





Burgundy Polo crop top - Ark
Navy check wool skirt - Oasis
Mimi maxi slit top - Loving Youth
Cherry red chunky boots - Primark
Suede teardrop bag - Topshop
Fedora hat - Primark



XoX

For the third look I've gone a little bit glammer wearing the 'mimi' as a dress and teaming with a plain black cami dress underneath. I've dressed it up with a gunmetal statement necklace with diamanté and chain detail. Again I wore my Jeffrey campbell Nextranes as the metal detail on the buckles goes perfectly with the necklace. I put my black feather bag with it tucking the chains in and using it as a clutch. Again I've wore my fedora as I'm loving it at the minute and it goes with absolutely everything. I've gone for less is more with this outfit letting the 'mimi' do the talking.
  




Mimi maxi slit top - Loving Youth
Black cami dress - Primark
Gunmetal statement necklace - Primark
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office
Feather bag - Topshop



XoX

For my final look I've gone for gothic glam with a vintage black leather skirt that I customised myself with gold studs. I've teamed it with the leather look bralet again and the 'mimi' on top. To pick up the gold in the skirt I wore my amazing Jeffrey Campbell gold studded 'Lita' boots. Again I accessoried with my feather handbag using the straps this time, and a chunky lion head gold necklace. I styled this look with and without my fedora and also with a couple of my vintage fur coats to give it an A/W feel, as unfortunately the days are getting colder. This is definitely more of an evening look and would be great for a night out. There's loads of fur and fluffy coats on the highstreet at the minute so if your not ready to brave the cold on a night out they're great for throwing over the top, as they're still super glam and won't ruin your outfit.







Vintage leather skirt - Cow (customised with gold studs from eBay)
Leather look bralet - Primark
Mimi maxi slit top - Loving Youth
Jeffrey Campbell gold spike 'Lita' Boots - Office
Gold lion head necklace - Primark
Feather Bag - Topshop
Fedora hat - Primark
Black/Brown vintage fur coat - handed down to me from my Mama
Beige vintage faux fur coat - Flea market







I don't think the 'Mimi' maxi slit top is available online yet but I believe it is due on Asos Marketplace very soon as it is from their A/W collection. Be sure to Check out your local Topshop branch as I know my local store has had it in stock already, and check out the rest of the range as it's all rather fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment