Tuesday 3 November 2015

This is Halloween...Vevo Circus of the Damned Halloween party!!

For the last couple of years Vevo have put on Halloween parties, the first being a competition to win tickets in London with performances from Bastille, Iggy Azeala and more. Last years party was a ticketed event at a bargain price of £5 in Manchester with the likes of Ella Eyre playing. We were lucky enough to go to both events so was excited to see they were putting on another party this year, again at the Victoria warehouse in Manchester. The line up was stronger than ever with 'Little Simz', 'Nothing but thieves', 'James Bay', 'Wolf Alice' and 'Years & Years' playing and tickets were still only a 5er. We managed to snap up a pair of tickets before they sold out then it was time for outfit prep. I'm not really one for dressing up, so if I do it I like to go all out!


We had won a Instagram competition a few weeks back for free cakes and shakes at our favourite restaurant 'Home sweet home' and as their new restaurant at the great northern warehouse had just opened the day before so we headed straight over to go cash in our prize for some fuel for the night ahead. We got to choose from the new cakeshakes which are absolutely incredible, they had actual pieces of cake on top!!! We went for birthday cake, bananatella and a strawberry shortcake one they were out of this world but soo big and really hard to finish! We shared our favourite meal 'winner winner chicken dinner' and a new addition to the menu 'deep fried Brie', literally all my favourite foods in life. We knew they'd be huge and it was a good job we shared as we really struggled. Then we had to pick cake, we went for a smores one and a carrot cake based one, again the slices are ridiculous and we ended up having to ask for a box to takeaway. It was literally a dream, best day ever!!! Definitely go check them out if you're ever in Manchester. 











The theme for the party was circus of the damned so we opted for killer/creepy clowns. I got my outfit from Amazon as it was much cheaper than other sites were retailing it for. I loved the vintage style and the colours and material, it's actually really good quality for a fancy dress costume too with bones in the lace back corset. I'm not really the best at make up but I think I did ok for a novice and for saying it was the first time using liquid latex it didn't go too badly. I went for a Chelsea smile trying to give the illusion of a slit mouth. I may have been a dead/killer/zombie clown but I still needed a bit of sass so added some glitter for that bit of sparkle. I've always wanted to wear creepy contact lenses but cause I'm practically blind I wouldn't be able to see out of them. Luckily for me I managed to find some prescription ones this year, they did come from Poland but came within the week and I think they completed the look perfectly. 



Fever Vintage Clown costume - Amazon
White gloves - Ebay
Prescription White out contact lenses - Optyk Rozmus
Liquid latex - Ebay
Shoes - Primark
Bag - Primark



As usual we were running late even after having the whole day in Manchester, so we did miss most of 'James Bay' who was dressed as a very attractive Skelenton, lord knows why they put him on first, we did catch the final song though! They also put on a scary maze in the venue where we nearly wet ourselves with clowns jumping out of every corner and crevice! 





The next act on the bill was 'Nothing but thieves' who were dressed as zombies. I've really got into them recently and am loving their debut album. They were really good and the lead singer's voice sounded great live, even hitting all those super high notes. Deffo a band to watch i'm sure they will be all over the festival circuit next year.





Next up was 'Little Simz' I didn't really know much of her but wasn't really impressed with her and she had a bit of an attitude when the crowd wasn't going crazy, which did make them turn on her and start booing, sorry you're not Kanye yet hunni!




After that it was 'Wolf Alice' one of my faves, their sets are always on point with high energy and great vocals from Ellie. This was no exception with a fantastic set in their Halloween costumes. I really can't get enough of this band and am hopefully going to go to their just released tour next year!




Ending the night was another fave 'Years & Years' I only saw them a few weeks ago but I was already ready to see them again! They were dressed as dead spice girls with a cardboard cut out of Mel c getting thrown into the crowd halfway through the set. As usual the set was energetic and olly's vocals were perfect, it was definitely the liveliest part of the night with the whole crowd jumping around.





After that we headed to zoo/the pub for our second circus themed event 'Deadbolt'. It's a club night I've wanted to go to for a while but it's never been on when I've been in Manchester, so we was really glad we got to finally try it out. It was so much fun with a real mix of songs and ended the night perfectly with us dancing the night away till the small hours!


The next day we finished off the weekend at another of our fave food joints 'solitas', another one to check out if you visit Manchester. I went for the buttermilk fried chicken burger and fried pickles on the side, which was fab! I actually don't want to think how many calories we consumed over the weekend but we literally ate the best food and had the funniest time, I think Halloween is becoming my favourite time of the year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment