Saturday 21 March 2015

A spot of Afternoon Tea @ H&F Vintage Tea Rooms!!


So this week my mum and I had a rare day off work together so decided we'd have an outing. We decided to go to Chesterfield for a wander, then my mum suggested going to the H&F vintage tea rooms. I'd never been before, but it's a recently opened vintage tea room tucked behind a gorgeous furniture store. It wasn't what I was expecting, it was a big open barn like room decorated beautifully. I love looking around at little knick knacks and there was plenty to look at, with pictures, vintage lampshades, bunting, an open fire and so much more. It had a real home from home feel and the staff were all dressed in vintage style tea dresses which was a really nice touch.





We decided to go for classic afternoon tea and at £9.95 per person it was really reasonably priced. You could pick from tea, coffee or hot chocolate. A selection of classic sandwiches (egg mayonnaise, smoked salmon and cream cheese, cheese and chutney and hand carved ham and wholegrain mustard) you could even pick to have white/brown or a mix of bread. Then you got to choose from a selection of homemade scones. Last but not least you got to a choose a slice from their selection of homemade cakes. 




We only had to wait a short time and it was brought out to us on a gorgeous tiered cake stand. I went for English breakfast tea and my mum went for gingerbread hot chocolate that came topped with cream and marshmallows in a cute jar glass. The sandwiches were lush and the ham was super tasty it's always nice to get fresh produce unlike some cafes. I had a cherry scone and mum went for fruit, we got little teacups of butter, jam, clotted cream and grapes, blueberries and raspberries to go with the scones. They were huge and soo tasty and the fruit was a nice added touch. By this point we were getting pretty full but I had my lime and pistachio cake and mum her strawberry mascarpone cake to get through. The slices were very generous and I struggled to eat it all. I loved that it was served in vintage China as it's so much nicer and more authentic, I absolutely adore any kind of vintage China as I have quite a selection of my own.






It was so yummy and for the price definitely worth it. The service was great and it had a nice warm atmosphere. I'm definitely glad we got to try there as I will certainly be going back. My mum even treated me to a cute tea infuser with pot teapot attached, it was a bargain at only £2.50 and has a little ribbon to hang it up with, so it's now hanging in my kitchen!


The sun was out so I went for a bit of a summery look and actually wore a jacket rather than a coat. I haven't worn this jacket for soo long, I actually forgot I had it. I got it from cow vintage a while back and love the aztec print detail, it really jazzes up a plain outfit. I wore my fave crochet dress, with black cami dress underneath, fishnets and my Bethans. I finished it off with my new leather/cord double choker, tassel backpack and round sunnies.




Vintage Denim jacket - Cow vintage 
Wool Crochet dress - Topshop
Cami dress - Primark
Fishnets - Primark 
Dr Martens Bethan - Dr Martens
Leather/cord choker - River Island 
Tassel backpack - Primark
Round sunglasses - Primark




2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love tea rooms, they're so cute and I love the whole experience. Love that outfit too - on point as always xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too im such a granny, this place was so lovely aswell. Thanks hun x

      Delete