Friday 6 March 2015

5 days of style with Nica Handbags!!!

So this week Nica Handbags challenged me to style one of their grab bags for 5 days. I decided to go with the 'Melena mini bowler bag' in yellow which retails at £49.00. It's the perfect size for me as I don't tend to use huge bags but there's still plenty of space for everything I need. The bag itself is pu but looks and feels like real leather and is in a gorgeous shade of yellow. It has the Nica embossed logo to front, double grab handle aswell as a single detachable/adjustable strap. It has a zip fastening with side and front pockets and interior pockets. It is lined with Nica branded lining and finished off with a Nica detachable bag charm. It's actually surprising how many things this bag goes with as its bright yellow, but it goes with so many outfits and really adds a pop of colour and instantly brightens up an outfit.








For day one i kept it simple with a turquoise dress, dogtooth coat and black fedora. For a slight clash of prints I wore my spotty tights and my turquoise platforms to match the dress. I used the bag as a holdall for this outfit and carried it with the two handles for a more sophisticated look. The yellow against the print and bright turquoise works really well together.




Turquoise Dress - Oasis
Dogtooth Coat - oasis 
Flatforms - Primark
Fedora - Primark
Spotty tights - Topshop
Layered chain - Forever 21
Melena mini bowler bag - Nica Handbags

X

For day two I went for a more casual look. I wore my denim pinafore/dungaree dress over my vintage sunflower tshirt. Adding to the girly/grungy look I wore fishnets and my Dr Martens Bethans, accessoried with chokers and a peace hair chain. I wore the Melena bowler with its long strap for this look to give a more casual vibe.




Denim dress - Primark
Vintage sunflower tshirt - Charity shop
Fishnets - Primark
Dr Martens Bethan - Dr Martens
Peace hair chain - Miss selfridge 
Chokers - Primark
Melena mini bowler bag - Nica Handbags

X

For day three I went for a printed two piece with this crop top and cullottes. I teamed it with my burgundy boyfriend blazer, fishnets and Bethans. I layered up with my gold chain and chokers and added my fedora to add to the festivaly look. Again I wore the bag with its long strap for this look, the yellow works so well with the yellow in the print and adds a pop of colour to brighten up the outfit.




Two piece - Primark
Boyfriend blazer - Primark
Fishnets - Primark 
Dr Martens Bethan - Dr Martens
Fedora - Primark
Gold chain - Forever 21
Choker - Primark
Melena mini bowler bag - Nica Handbags

X

Day four was all about clueless vibes in this yellow check/tartan coat. I wore a vintage blouse with gorgeous cutout detail tucked into a check monochrome skirt. I'm all about clashing so love the clash of these checks and colours and decided to add one more clash with my spotty tights. I finished off the look with a tattoo choker and my chunky kick push boots. I used the bag with its two handles for this look as it worked well with the preppy/girly look. The yellow of the bag matches perfectly with the coat pulling the look together.




Check/tartan coat - Charity shop
Vintage blouse - Charity shop
Check skirt - Oasis
Kick push boots - La moda
Spotty tights - Topshop
Choker - Primark
Melena mini bowler bag - Nica Handbags

X

For day five and my final look I went all out with the colour. I wore my amazing new Rosie trousers with this fabulous bright print. I wore my bright yellow low v top layered under my turquoise blazer. My turquoise flatforms tied in perfectly with white fishnet socks and a layered gold chain. The Melena mini was like it was made for this outfit and finishes off the look amazingly!!





Rosie trousers - Oasis
V neck top - Oasis
Turquoise jacket/blazer - Oasis
White fishnet socks - Primark
Flatforms - Primark
Layered chain - Forever 21
Melena mini bowler bag - Nica Handbags

So here's my 5 days of style, I hope you liked my looks. I am so in love with this bag and know I'm going to get so much use out of it coming into the spring/summer as I can finally start brightening up my wardrobe now. Be sure to check out Nica's Instagram,  Facebook and Twitter pages to keep up to date with all their new styles!!


No comments:

Post a Comment