Wednesday 7 January 2015

December/January favourites!!

So I've been a bit slack on the blogging front over Christmas and new year but working in retail and having a little girl it's been a hectic time. Now it's all over I want to get back into the swing of things, I was going to start again at the weekend as I haven't got time to take photos till then but I didn't want to hold off any longer. So I thought I'd do a December/January favourites post in the meantime. I'll include a few bits I got for Christmas, aswell as some sale picks I've picked up over the last week or two, and a mini wishlist of a few things in the sales I've got my eye on.


So first up I'll start with a couple of things I got for Christmas. I absolutely adore Jeffrey Campbell shoes and a style I've liked for a while is the Nirvana boot, recently a lot of places have made dupes of the boots so at a fraction of the price I knew I needed some in my life. I wanted a chunky pair of boots in black so they were the perfect style. After putting off buying them for weeks I decided I'd ask for them for Christmas or I'd never end up having them. So I went for the kick push boots from la moda as they were the cheapest I found and at £29.99 they're a bargain. I'm usually between sizes but glad I went for the 7 as they only just fit. I love them but the only thing I would say the heel is quite plasticy and has no grip, so they're not the best for slippy surfaces or bad weather, they do look very fab though!


Kick push boots - La Moda

Another thing I got for Christmas was a Lime crime Velvetine in black velvet. I'd been wanting to try them for ages but it's just one of them things I kept putting off as it wasn't a nessecity. I went for black as it's hard to find a really matte black lipstick with good coverage. It didn't disappoint, it glides on like velvet then drys like a matte lipstick. The coverage is great and it barely needs touching up all day, on first use there were just a few cracks in the corners and middle of my lips that I went over a couple of times. I definitely want to get the whole range now, the pansy colour is to die for!


Lime crime Velvetine in Black Velvet - Lime Crime

Another gift I'm loving is a homeware one, this fabulous bedding with pin up girls all over it. I spotted it in Asda and dropped a big hint to my mum, so was pleased to unwrap it on Christmas Day. I love anything this kind of style and with a vintage vibe, its so girly and cute!


Pin up girl bedding - Asda

I got so many other amazing gifts but the last one I'm going to mention is my Indian style septum ring. I'd been after one for ages but again it was something I hadn't got round to buying. I also found it hard to find this kind of style for pierced noses as alot around at the minute are faux septum rings. The style I got was perfect and in a brass/gold colour, I'm not sure where it's from as it was a gift but I think it was made abroad somewhere and it's very delicate. It was tricky to put in as it's not like any of my other ones but I really love how it looks. I did have a palava when I changed this back for work as my hole had closed up around the ring as it was slightly thinner than my other rings, so repeircing it wasn't the most fun. If you do get a ring like this I would advise getting as close to the gauge you have it pierced as possible, as it only took a couple of days to heal around this and I've had my piercing for years. (Wearing limecrime Velvetine black velvet in this picture). 


Next up are a few sale picks I've snapped up over the last couple of weeks. I featured this lime/yellow pu skirt from River Island back in my september wishlist. I still hadn't got round to buying it as all the colors expect this had gone in the sale, I knew if I held off long enough this would eventually. I was glad I waited as it went down to £10 so I had to have it. I've had a bodysuit in mind to go with this skirt so can't wait to wear the outfit, I may wait for the weather to pick up first though. 


Yellow/lime pu skirt - River Island

Also from River Island I got these fab leopard print trousers, I have a couple of pairs in this style and love the fit and I love a bit of leopard. At £10 they were an absolute steal! 


A homeware bargain I got was this amazing photo frame from urban outfitters, I love these frames and have bought them as gifts as I think they're so fun but never actually bought myself one. So when I saw them in the sale for £4 I had to treat myself, they did a few styles but this one is my fave, I haven't put a picture in it yet but I actually do quite like the cat picture, grumpy cats are the best!


Glitter frame - Urban Outfitters

I got a few other bits but the last item I'm going to feature is this amazing blanket wrap coat from Oasis. I hadn't seen this coat as we didn't have it in the store I work in but we had it returned from the web and I fell in love as soon as I saw it. It was originally £120 but down to £40 in the sale, with my staff discount it made it £24 so it was an offer I couldn't refuse and definitely my best bargain! It does remind me a little of a dressing gown but I think that makes me like it more, the material is so soft and cosy and I love the pastel pink wih the grey lining and collar detail. It's a good length too and not too heavy so will see me right through to spring/summer. 



Two tone blanket wrap coat - Oasis

So they're the things I'm loving that I already have, now for the things I don't have, with a mini wishlist! I was going to do a list of things for the upcoming season but I'm not loving that much just yet, so thought I'd do a few more sale picks I've got my eye on that I'd love to snap up before they're gone.

I absolutely adore the Molly boots by Dr Martens, the laces are so cute and I love the velvet and chunky soles. They're down to £105 from £150 so still quite out of my price range for this time of year unfortunately (cry). 



Molly Boots - Dr Martens

I've loved The Ragged Priest's current collection since it came out and now it's in the sale I need it all even more. I particularly love the sequin slogan pieces and feel I need the Party Hard jeans and Party hard mesh dress in my life now they're such bargain prices! 


Party hard jeans - The Ragged Priest


Party hard mesh dress - The Ragged Priest

Hot!Mess clothing have also got a really good sale on with most items half price or less. I loved the Miley velvet bodysuit but it's sold out now but I do also love the Da Reefa bodysuit as seen on Miley herself and it's now £20 down from £40. 


Da Reefa bodysuit - Hot!Mess

Finally, another collection I have loved is by Isolated Heroes. Their prices have increased a lot since I first became a fan, but then their designs and the quality/detail has got so much better too, so I guess that is to be expected with independent designers. So a sale is always welcome, I love all the mesh/sequin dress designs but my fave has got to be the Holidayz open front maxi dress and it's down to £95 from £150, still a bit pricey for me but a girl can dream! 


Holidayz open front maxi dress - Isolated Heroes

I hope you've enjoyed my December/January favourites and I'll be back posting regularly again with a new outfit post at the weekend!!


1 comment: