Friday 11 September 2015

Leeds festival - Day Three!!!

Sunday and the final day of the festival and my favourite day of the weekend, well that was untill they decided to make every band I wanted to see clash! Our first act of the day was Irish band 'Walking on cars' we were a little late shocker so missed some of the set, but what we did see was great. The lead singers husky vocals remind me of Charlie Simpson and who doesn't love his voice, I'm excited to heard more from them.


We'd heard there was a not so secret set at the nme stage from 'Foals' so we headed over ready. The rumours were of course true and they played a short but fantastic set, playing a couple of new tracks from their brand new album which sounded huge live. I forgot how great they are live after them being away for a bit but they are definitely on the gig list for autumn!


Next up a new fave 'Slaves' the energy and humour they bring to their live sets is great and they always get the crowd going. Definitely a must see live band as they are so much better to see perform as you get to see what they're about rather than two lads just shouting and banging the drums. We also saw them and 'Twin Atlantic' at the signing tent whilst we were hanging around between sets so of course I took a sneaky snap!




Then to the main stage for 'Pierce the Veil' a band I really love. They played a great set with all the favourites. Next up was 'Alexisonfire' but as nobody else wanted to see them we headed back to the nme stage for 'Circa waves'. I love their summery vibe and the lead singer has such a retro unique tone to his voice. They had a big crowd with huge singalongs throughout the set.




We stayed at the nme stage for 'Wolf Alice' one of my new favourite bands. I love all their tracks and their debut album is fantastic, it had only just came out when I saw them at Glastonbury so it was nice to know more of the tracks this time round. Ellie's voice always sounds perfect and how she screams out like she does and still sounds in tune I will never know. She had some guitar issues at the end of the set so ended up jumping on Theo's back and rolling around the stage, before he jumped into the crowd at the end of the set. I love how much energy they have and they always put on a great show.



They had slightly clashed with 'Pvris' so we headed straight over to the pit to catch the rest of their set. The sound wasn't too great for them but they still sounded great and I'm looking forward to seeing them again properly supporting 'Bring me the horizon' this winter. It was clashes galore as we whizzed over to the the main stage to try and catch some of 'Royal Blood'. We managed to see a few tracks which sounded huge, those guys sure know how to make a lot of noise!



Then it was what I'd been waiting for all weekend 'Bring me the horizon'! Devastatingly they clashed with one of my other favourite bands 'Catfish and the bottlemen' (cry), but we decided to go with Bmth as we'd seen Catfish more times in the last year, this does mean I must find tickets for Catfish in November now though! Bmth came out to a huge crowd playing new track 'Happy song' the atmosphere was electric and and it sounded so good live. Some bands are made for the main stage and others get lost in it, but they sure proved they were meant to be there. There was the most fitting sunset throughout the set as they went through tracks from 'sepmiternal' aswell as new track 'Throne' which went down a storm. The only older song they did play was 'Blessed with a curse' where Oli told everyone to get on shoulders, obviously I did as I was told! It was quite disappointing not to hear more old tracks too but then I guess there's only so much you can squeeze into a festival set. It was still amazing and my favourite act of the weekend. I love everything they have done and love that they have evolved but I do hope they don't forget their roots on their tour and play a mixture of the old and new stuff. 




Although I like Metallica and know it's a big deal they were headlining I've never really been a huge fan so decided to boycott the main stage and head back to  the nme stage. 'Twin Atlantic' played an awesome set with plenty of singalongs followed by 'Rebel sound'. I didn't really know what to expect from them as I didn't know much about them other than 'Chase & Status' were in it. They went through the generations playing older reggae tracks going into newer remixed Chase & Status tracks. The tent was packed and I actually thought my knees were going to set on fire after all the jumping and bouncing around we did. It was a great end to the festival and just what we needed to keep our energy high after 4 days of partying.


For day three I wore a paisley print bell sleeve wrapover playsuit from river island.  I wore my patent boots again, I was so glad I didn't have to wear wellies once all weekend! I accessoried with my inflatable backpack, layered necklace and floral headband. Obviously I still had my plaits in and hair art spray in from the day before. It did feel a little chalky by this point though so if you're going to put it in at a festival bare this in mind, as if you're not going to wash your hair it might not feel so great after a few days.So it's better to put it in half way through or on the last day. 








Playsuit - River Island
Boots - Truffle 
Floral headband - Accessorize
Necklace - Oasis
Sunglasses - Primark 
Fudge urban hair art spray (turquoise noise) - Superdrug
Fudge urban hair art spray (violet haze) - Superdrug


Overall it was a fabulous weekend  (apart from my phone being stolen) with surprisingly good weather, for Leeds. I am gutted as this technically means summer is over now but I have so many Autumn/winter gigs booked already and many more planned so I think I'll survive!!


No comments:

Post a Comment