Monday 7 September 2015

Leeds Festival - Day One!!!

So I'd been waiting for what seems like forever for Leeds Festival to come around and as excited as I was I was also a little bit sad as it also marks the end of summer. Not like we've really had one this year but that's England for you. I usually go every year and with this years line up having so many bands I love on it, it was an absolute must! Unfortunately I got my phone stolen so don't have all the pictures I took so there is lack of band pictures, luckily I did take my old phone to take photos on too so all was not lost!

We travelled down on the Thursday and it was actually sunny for once. After pitching our tents and two trips to the car for luggage it was time to get on the drinks and meet up with our friends. There were a few bands playing in the arena including 'The Bohicas' and 'Pulled apart by horses' so we headed to watch them before dancing the night away to 'Jaguar skills' then in various tents untill they ended for the night. We never do know how to take it easy on the first night, oops!

So Friday and the first proper day of the festival our first band of the day was 'Lonely the Brave' although in our usual fashion we were running late so only caught the last couple of songs.



After that was 'The Gaslight anthem' who I'd never seen live before but they were great, I love the gravelly tone to lead singer Brian's voice. They are taking a break from the band so I'm glad I got to see them. 


After that we headed over to the pit to see 'Moose Blood' another band I hadn't seen before but was really impressed with. They sounded great live and just like on record. Next up was an energetic set from 'Turbowolf' the frontman reminded me of a circus ringmaster as he talked between songs in his glittery jacket. Then it was back to the main stage for 'The Maccabees' I've always liked them on record but was never that interested in seeing them live as I thought they would be quite boring but I was pleasantly surprised by their live set. They pulled in a good crowd with an energetic set full of new and older tracks and it wasn't one bit boring!


Then it was back to the pit for 'Beartooth' another band I've recently got into and really like, it was only a short set but they played a lot of my favourites. I made a quick dash to the festival Republic stage for 'Coasts' who were really great, I love their summery vibe but could only stay for 15 minutes of their set before heading back over to the pit for 'Bury Tomorrow'. There was so many clashes across the weekend so it was a case of rushing from stage to stage where possible and having to sacrifice some bands. I stayed for 20 minutes of their set which was great and I didn't want to leave but the nme stage was calling!


Years & Years had one of the biggest crowds of the weekend with the nme stage packed out. As usual it was a fun singalong set and one of my favourite acts of the weekend, Olly's voice is just outstanding! Then it was back to the main stage for 'Kendrick Lamar' I like alot of his tracks but have never been a huge fan, but he was great. The alcohol intake may have played a part but his set was one of the funnest of the weekend and we had a right boogie and a singlalong!



Headliners for the day were one of my favourite bands 'The Libertines'. I've been lucky enough to see them a few times now but was really looking forward to their set with the new album coming out. They were back on top form and seemed more together than ever before, I actually missed the smashing up of guitars and rolling around on the floor shenanigans I'm used to seeing from them. It was a great set and the new tracks sounded great live too.







We ended the night on a high dancing the night away at propaganda with Gary Powell from 'The Libertines' playing a fabulous dj set!


For day one I wore this amazing bright printed playsuit I got from Urban Outfitters. It is really oversized so I pulled it in with a chain belt, I wore a long fringe kimono over the top and patent boots. I accessoried with a chain detail choker, floral headband and inflatable backpack.








Playsuit - Textile federation @ Urban Outfitters
Kimono - Primark
Boots - Truffle
Chain choker - Topshop
Chain belt - Primark
Floral headband - Topshop
Inflatable backpack - Ebay



No comments:

Post a Comment