Monday 13 April 2015

Gigs Galore!!!

So the last couple of weeks I've been to a few gigs, I wanted to blog them all individually but I've been rubbish at getting outfit photos or any decent pictures at the gigs unfortunately. So I will give a brief rundown of the gigs I've been to, with a pic if I have one. Firstly there was 'Wolf Alice' at Leadmill in Sheffield, I'd only seen them once before at Leeds festival so it was nice to see them headlining for a longer set and they were fab! The week after that it was 'Catfish and the Bottlemen' at O2 Academy in Sheffield. We'd been trying to get tickets for months and actually ended up getting scammed for tickets through Twitter a couple of days before (don't trust anybody!!) we were gutted, more so that we wanted to go than the money. Luckily we managed to get last minute tickets and still attend. It was my fourth time seeing them and they didn't disappoint, they are definitely in my top fave bands now and lead singer Van is an amazing frontman and a hilarious character.


Catfish and the Bottlemen


Then it was 'Sleeping With Sirens VS Pierce The Veil' for their joint world tour at Rock City in Nottingham. I'm a bigger fan of Sleeping With Sirens and Kellin Quinn's voice makes me melt, so as expected I loved their set, but Pierce The Veil were also fab and the atmosphere was electric throughout.


Pierce The Veil


Sleeping With Sirens

So then it leads me to my most recent gig and the final gig I actually had planned untill festival season begins (cry) but it was a good one!! The beautiful James Bay, his debut album came out a couple of weeks ago and it's amazing. He seems to be going from strength to strength selling out tour after tour. I was lucky I got in quick with tickets a few months back and got them for Christmas for myself and Alice. It was at the Albert Hall in manchester, I'd never been to the venue before but it was stunning, like an old church. It had a balcony above but you could go in the balcony or standing area below, unlike other venues where it's either/or. To say we rocked up 5 minutes before he came on (shock) we managed to get a pretty good view. He looked fab as usual with his signature hat on, it was really good to hear the tracks live now there's actually an album out as when I saw him last time he only had eps. He did an hour and 10 minute set which is refreshing as a lot of artists tend to do shorter sets when they only have one album. His vocals were so on point and he's just so dreamy to listen to. I'm pretty sure he's going to be dominating the festival circuit this summer and I certainly can't wait to see him live again. If you haven't seen him I'd definitely recommend getting tickets for his autumn tour (if it's not sold out yet) or catching him at a festival this summer.






So it was warm all week so I actually planned ahead and picked an outfit. Typical English weather though there was hail and rain in Manchester on Saturday. I still went ahead with my chosen outfit but just threw on my longline blazer so I didn't freeze. I wore this black crochet top with beading detail with a lace bandue underneath teamed with black leather look shorts. I wore big hoop earrings, a couple of chokers, my chunky platform boots and my tassel backpack for a bit of added detail. As it's all black everything I thought I'd make it a little more exciting with a statement hairstyle. I've been doing a 'Bunhawk' quite a bit the last few weeks and really like it, I wasn't sure it suited me at first but ive really got used to it and feel I can let my inner ghetto/Rhianna out with this style! 






Crochet top - Ebay
Leather look shorts - Topshop
Hoop earrings - Were a Gift
Chokers - Primark
Kick push boots - La Moda
Tassel backpack - Primark






No comments:

Post a Comment