Friday 20 February 2015

Darlia Acoustic Session @ XFM Manchester!!

So last week I entered XFM's competition for an acoustic session with Darlia, then totally forgot about it. So I was surprised when I got an email at the start of the week saying I'd been one of the few chosen to go. I'd been to one of these sessions a few years back with kasabian which was great, as it's such a small set up. Maybe I am actually quite lucky even though I think I never win anything!

We went to the XFM Manchester studios just before the scheduled time as there was limited space in the building. There was only around 30 people in total, we were ushered through to a little room where Darlia were sat ready to play. Clint Boon gave a little introduction then the band started playing. They have a mini album 'Petals' out next week so played 3 tracks from that including new single 'I've never been to Ohio' and a cover of Chris Isaak's 'wicked game'. Nathan's grisly vocals were great and it was nice to hear the band on a softer level in an acoustic set up, and the new tunes sounded fab! After the session we got to have a little chat and a photo with the guys. They were playing the academy in manchester later on but unfortunately it had sold out before I got chance to get tickets so we couldn't go to that.




I wore a burnt orange pvc skirt I got in the sale at primark for only £3, bargain, teamed with a multicoloured jumper I got from a Charity shop. I wore spider web fishnet tights with my Nextranes. My tassel backpack is actually in the outfit pictures but I did take another bag in the end which is from cow vintage, so that's why it's different in the picture at the studio. It was fun to get to go this especially as there was only a few people there, I might start entering more things as my luck seems to be changing!!






Pvc skirt - Primark
Jumper - Charity shop 
Jeffrey Campbell nextranes - Office
Spider web fishnets - Topshop
Chokers - Primark
Tassel backpack - Primark





4 comments: