Tuesday 7 July 2015

Glastonbury part 2!!!

So the second part of my Glastonbury blog is the first proper day of the festival when the bands properly started. Friday was the day I was most excited for with some of my favourite acts on the line up. The first act of the day was a not so secret set from 'The Charlatans'. They played to a very full field at The other stage to say it was only 11am.


Next up was a favourite of mine 'James Bay' on the Pyramid stage. The field was jam packed, we had heard that Bastille were also doing a not so secret set but it did clash with James but we decided to stick with this long haired lovely. As usual he was amazing and had the crowd singing along. Some members of 'One Direction' were shown watching at the side, which did spark up rumours they were going to play the four hour gap on the pyramid stage that was yet to be filled!


After that we headed back over to The Other stage ready for 'Catfish and the Bottlemen'. Typically the heavens opened as the band came on and it was probably the worst rain we got of the weekend. Nobody let it dampen their spirits though as the huge crowd jumped around and shouted back every word. Lead singer Van was hilarious as always and super enthusiastic despite him being ill. 


After that we headed back to our tent for more drinks and the heavens decided to open again. We had been debating between 'Wolf Alice' and 'Peace' who unfortunately clashed but as it was raining badly and we were camped right next to the John Peel stage we decided to have a singalong to 'Peace' from the comfort of our tents.


As the rain died down we made a quick escape to the John Peel stage for 'Circa Waves'. I hadn't seen them before but I love their summery vibe and definitely want to catch them again at Leeds as it was only a short set.



After that it was the main event my favourite band 'The Courteeners' and they brought the sun with them! We managed to get to the front at the side of the stage and was super excited, the mirrored letters glistened in the sun and it was perfect weather for a perfect set. 


They reeled through classic after classic from their back catalogue playing old and new songs, keeping the ever growing crowd jumping around and chanting throughout. As usual with a Courteeners gig their was 'no pyro no party' with flares a plenty throughout the set. Ending with their usual tracks 'Not Nineteen forever' and 'What took you so long' it really felt like a special moment and the band were on top form, probably up there with one of the best live performances I've seen from them (and there's been alot!)




There had been rumours flying around all day about who would fill the four hour gap where Florence was supposed to be. We were quite hoping 'Taylor Swift' might make an appearance but a couple of hours before it was pretty much confirmed it was going to be 'The Libertines'. It was a lot more secret than the other 'secret' sets though. We had to rush straight over to the Pyramid stage and managed to squeeze our way to the front barrier at the side of the stage. As I set eyes on Pete and Carl on stage I was so happy the rumours were true!

  
They were really on top form and the chemistry we loved them for seemed to be back in full force. They played a great set with all the classics and even threw in a few new songs which got the crowd very excited. It was a lovely 'surprise' and really topped the day off, with them being another of my favourite bands.




I was actually rather merry by this point but think we must've nipped back to our tent as I took this lovely sunset photo from our campsite!


We then watched 'Florence and the Machine' I really wish I could tell you more about it but after drinking from 11am my memory is quite vague and I didn't take any photos (sad face). I do know she was incredible though and sang a fab cover of 'Times like these' which she dedicated to original headliners 'Foo Fighters'. We decided to head over to The Other stage towards the end of her set to catch 'Rudimental' who also had a huge crowd with everyone dancing and jumping around. 


It was a fabulous day and definitely my fave of the weekend even with the rain, with fab sets from everyone!


So I'm quite useless at taking outfit photos at events so I recreated my outfit so I could include photos as I specifically got this outfit for Glastonbury. I got this amazing two piece which is jersey but looks like crochet from Asos. The trousers were super long and flarey so I did have to get them altered so they weren't dragging on the floor. The top is a halterneck with open back. I wore my lime lace Kimono for an extra pop of colour and cover up, with my bumbag, sunglasses and chunky sandals. I finished off the look with a bindi, glittery lips and a flower headband.





Flared trousers - Rokoko @ Asos
Halterneck top - Rokoko @ Asos
Lace kimono- Primark
Jeffrey Campbell Nextranes - Office 
Bumbag - Primark
Sunglasses - Primark
Headband - Oasis





No comments:

Post a Comment