Monday 3 September 2018

Leeds Festival 2018.... Day One!!!

So on my last post I said I hadn’t blogged in 4 months & I’d try and get back into it. But here I am 2 and a half months later doing my next post, so clearly I didn’t stick to that one!! I’ve just been busy living life I guess and although I’ve took pictures and posted on Instagram it’s been more pictures of my day to day life and holidays etc and I just haven’t got round to taking any blog/outfit pictures as such. I’m also not sure if anyone really reads blog that much anymore as it does seem to be very Instagram based these days. But never the less I have always done Leeds Festival posts and didn’t want to not do one this year. I will try and keep it a little briefer than usual though and focus more on my outfits than anything else but I do tend to waffle on so we’ll see how that goes. 



We went down on the Thursday afternoon as usual but the heavens opened on the way down so we ended up waiting in the car till it stopped. So by the time we’d set up it was dark, so I didn’t get to take any proper photos of my outfit and a lot of my glitter had also came off by the time we actually went out for the night so unfortunately you can’t see the complete look. I wore a fab cow two piece from topshop with a leather fringe waistcoat, it was cold by the time we got out so that was covered with mine & Alices matching rainbow cardigans. We’d both got them for our birthday and they really are the perfect festival cardigan. It’s actually gone down to half price now, so if you like it then it’s totally worth snapping it up. It will be great for going into winter too as it’s actually a bit warm for hot days, even though it has the holes in the knit. I wore some face gems on my face and chest and some glitter of course. We managed to see The Blinders at the festival republic tent and caught a little bit of Big Shaq. We spent the rest of the night dancing away at the relentless stage followed by the Piccadilly party.









Cow bandeau top - Topshop
Cow flared trousers - Topshop
Rainbow shaggy cardigan - Pretty Little Thing
Leather waistcoat - Topshop
Choker - Primark
Pompom Earrings - Poundworld
Body gem - The Range
Face Gem - AliExpress 











The line up for the festival was rather questionable this year and we almost decided not to go, but it is a yearly tradition and we always get cheap tickets last minute as it’s always fun. Although the line up wasn’t quite to our taste and the headliners were pretty rubbish there were still some smaller bands on the line up that we wanted to see. It did mean our schedules weren’t as jam packed as usual but that was kind of nice as we could be a bit more relaxed. It was just as well really as on the Friday morning the weather was dreadful so we ended up staying in our tent for a while to try and escape it. We did end up missing a few bands and still ended up getting caught in a massive downpour and me being me I’d forgot to take my bloody rain mac with me so got soaked and half my face gems were falling off before we even made it to the arena!!

For Fridays look I based my outfit around this fab tinsel jacket in silver/pink/gold, I was really hoping the weather would be dry but not too hot so I could wear this. So the huge downpour was not what I needed for this jacket, however it did dry quite quickly and the weather stayed dry for the rest of the day. I teamed it with the Elsie and Fred La bamba shorts, I’d be saving them for months to wear at Leeds and the purpley/pink shade went perfectly with the jacket. They are quite short so I got some fishnets in the same colour to wear underneath. I got this chain top from AliExpress and as with anything on there it can be very hit and miss, it is one size but when it came it looked like it could be for a child. I was so disappointed but I got my pliers out and got some extra chain and managed to make it wearable. I got this sparkly baker boy hat to match and wore my fave festival pink wig. I like everything to match so had taken some sequin trainers to wear but as the weather had took a turn and it was a bit muddy I decided to wear my Dr martens. Although this was maybe also not the best choice of footwear as they were brand new and I did get them quite muddy, turns out glittery docs aren’t the best choice of docs for a festival! I wore my star No basic Bombshell earrings and a silver diamanté choker to accessorise.















Tinsel jacket - Glamorous @ Topshop
Chain top - AliExpress 
La bamba shorts - Elsie & Fred
Dr Martens Molly Glitter Boots - Dr Martens
Fishnets - Primark
Baker boy hat - Topshop
Choker - H&M
Star XL Earrings - No Basic Bombshell











For my make up look I wore pink metallic eyeshadows with a bit of glitter on top and pink metallic lipstick. I wore silver face gems on my face and wore my fabulous individual light up face jewel in the middle. You can’t see too well as I have the hat on but I did some glitter and metallic paint around the gems on my head and under my eyes too. I then put a body gem on my chest and did glitter around it.







Eyeshadow (sugar plum pocket candy eyeshadow palette) - Lime Crime
Liquid lipstick - Primark 
Face gem - Gypsy Shrine
Individual light up face gem - Festival Faces Group
Glitter - Ebay/B&M Bargains 





By the time we actually got to see anyone it was quite late in the afternoon. I don’t seem to have taken any photos of anyone just videos, but we caught a bit of Scarlxrd in the Radio 1 tent and it was absolutely going off. He was getting everyone to do mosh pits and the whole tent from front to back was running around and jumping up and down it was crazy. We then watched Normandie in the pit, followed by Dma’s. We went back to our tent for more drink and ended up missing a couple more bands but made it back in time for our first and most major clash of the weekend Courteeners and Don Broco. They are two of my favourite bands and probably my fave two on the line up so this was a really hard decision. As Courteeners started first we watched them then thought we’d see how we got on. We ended up staying for over half of the set as the bangers just kept coming, then tried to rush over to Don Broco. Their set ended up being shorter than we thought and we only got to see 3 songs which was really disappointing as the atmosphere in the tent was bouncing and what we saw was great. I definitely need to make sure I see them on tour next Feb now!







Then it was Slaves, their new album has just came out so it was great to hear the new stuff live and they did the ‘Shutdown’ cover that literally everyone asks for everytime I’ve ever seen them. They’re such a great live band and there’s always a great atmosphere and they have such fun personalities on stage too. We then watched some of headliners Kings of Leon’s set, it was actually really good even though we thought it was a weird headline choice. I did used to love them and remember seeing them headline Leeds 10 years ago which actually made me feel very old. Then we headed over for the Festival republic stage headliner Tom Grennan, I have loved him the last couple of years and it’s so good to finally have the album out. He’s always late though and this occasion was no different so he did end up getting his set cut short unfortunately. 










Slaves were meant to do a dj set and after waiting around we found out it had actually been cancelled which we were gutted about. So we ended up having quite a sensible night after our late first night, and we wanted to be fresh for our earlier start on Saturday. We also realised quite soon on we can’t party till the all hours every night quite like we used to!






No comments:

Post a Comment