Sunday 9 September 2018

Leeds Festival 2018.... Day Two!!!

Saturday’s weather forecast was saying the dryest of the weekend so I decided to wear my silver sequin flares for this day to try avoid ruining them. I teamed them with this fabulous rainbow cape from Topshop that has tassel sequins hanging down and a big rainbow heart on the back. I wore a rainbow disc bra with a pink lace bra underneath, adding a splash of colour to the bottom with this fab feather bumbag. I accessoried with a diamanté choker and my fave rainbow earrings. I’ve totally been loving all the Brands that make the military/sergeant pepper style festival hats, but most of them are soo expensive. I get there’s a lot of work that goes into them but some of them you’d need to get a mortgage out to afford. So I decided to take some inspiration from these and try and make a similar one myself. I already had a military hat I could use so thought I’d decorate it, I added lots of ribbon/sequin trims, a mirrored effect trim for the peak and chain detail. I also found this great smiley face patch which I thought would look great to go on the top. I finished it off with some earrings I put on to look like buttons and a brooch on the front. It didn’t cost me that much to make and I was really pleased with how it came out and as it was rainbow colours it was perfect for this outfit. 

















Sequin Flares - Very
Disc bra - Primark
Lace bra (underneath) - New look
Rainbow cape - Topshop
Dr Martens Molly Glitter Boots - Dr Martens
Feather bumbag - Topshop
Festival hat - Made by me
Rainbow XL earrings - No Basic Bombshell
Choker - H&M















I took some inspiration from blogger Sophie Hannah Richardson with this hat/hair combo and got a long blue wig. I’m absolutely rubbish at plaits or anything so got my daughter to do some fishtail and normal plaits on the wig before I went so I could literally just put it on. For my make up I did rainbow eyeshadow then went for a simple rainbow face gem design with gems and glitter tears under my eyes and pink glitter lips. I was really annoyed as half of the gems on my forehead fell off as I was walking to the arena and they seemed to disappear into thin air. So I’ve literally got one picture with the original design, then I had to try and move them along and reinforce them with some liquid latexx I should’ve known the individual gems don’t stick as well as the all in one gems. I also put a body gem on my chest and did rainbow glitter stripes around it to complete the look.









Festival hat - made by me
Wig - Ebay
Face gems - AliExpress 
Glitter - Ebay/B&M bargains 







So there’d been some rumours going around for a couple of weeks that Bring Me The Horizon were going to be doing the infamous ‘secret set’ slot. They had started a viral campaign to ‘join the cult’ with a telephone number you could call where you’d be put through to someone at a call centre then it would go all distorted and you’d hear a song sped up/played backwards, making for some weird/creepy messages. Although they didn’t put their name to the campaign it didn’t take fans long to work out who it was and people started getting into a frenzy, including me. Although they’ve only been gone a couple of years it feels like so much longer and I have been desperate for new music. There was also a website that appeared with a date ‘21st August’. With this being so close to Reading and Leeds I really hoped that the rumours  were going to be true as things were seeming to add up. So it turned out the ‘mysterious’ campaign was them and they launched the single ‘MANTRA’ on the 21st, this excited me even more and I after a questionable line up I was really hoping this secret set could make up for it. The secret set was on Friday at Reading so we kept checking hoping for news that it was them and to our absolute delight it was. 



So we knew we had a earlier start Saturday as we wasn’t sure how busy it would get if people also knew about it, which they usually do by this point. We ended up getting to the arena a bit later than planned but it wasn’t that busy so we caught the end of SWMRS then patiently waited. It was so amazing to see them burst onto the stage with new single ‘MANTRA’ and the whole tent was singing along. They bounced through their 8 song set which was full of bangers including ‘Can you feel my heart’ and ‘Throne’. The energy in the tent was amazing, it went far too quickly for my liking but was definitely my highlight of the weekend. I absolutely love this band and love how they’ve evolved and I am so buzzing for their new album. I’m so happy I managed to get tickets for their tour in November last week, I really can’t wait for it!!









We ended up seeing a few less bands due to the secret set but I didn’t really care. I was annoyed at a few clashes for the day though as it meant we didn’t actually get to see many bands. So we saw Fickle Friends a band I’ve been a big fan of for ages now, their songs are just such feel good summer tracks. We headed over to the main stage as our friend wanted to see some of Post Malone, I’m not that fussed on him and whenever I’ve seen him on tele live I thought he looked terrible, but we saw a couple of songs and he wasn’t actually as bad as expected. We managed to catch a couple of songs from The Wombats then headed over for Dream Wife in the Festival republic tent. 



















Then it was The Kooks on the main stage, I’ve literally loved these since my teens so it’s always nice for a bit of nostalgic indie to relive my youth. The heavens did decide to open at this point and again we were unprepared without rain macs, but we were having such a fun time and a few proseccos down at his point, so didn’t let it dampen our spirits. We stayed at the main stage to see some of Travis Scott another person I really wasn’t fussed on but as there was a gap we thought we’d see what the fuss was about as he had a massive crowd. I just really don’t get this genre of music where it sounds so auto tuned and to be honest I thought he was absolutely  rubbish, or maybe I’m just getting old! We then caught a bit of Hudson Taylor before watching Nothing But Thieves in the Radio 1 tent. 



















We went over to the main stage for Fall Out Boy whilst waiting for the headliners on the other stages, don’t get me wrong I do like them but I don’t think they should’ve been headlining again and although they are good live I’m not a massive fan of the newer stuff, so wasn’t too fussed on seeing it all. Wolf Alice and The Horrors were both headlining other stages which was another bad clash as we love them both, but as there was a slight overlap and the stages were so close we watched some of each of them. Ending with The horrors which again seemed to go too quickly, but I love how Faris has got more stage prescence since a few years ago, he definitely seems more comfortable with being on the stage and had a great energy. We ended the night with Big Narstie djing in the alternative tent.




















No comments:

Post a Comment