Tuesday 5 September 2017

Leeds Festival 2017... Day Two!!

Saturday of the Festival and another day filled with sass, sequins and sparkle. Alice and I often coordinate our outfits sometimes coincidental and sometimes planned, but we both ended up going for pastel princess vibes for the day. I went for a Mermaid look with the amazing sequin flares I wore for Halloween as a Mermaid. I'd been dying to wear them again and was so glad the weather stayed dry so I could wear them. I teamed them with a pink metal/mirrored chain bralet, I was quite worried it could break and reveal all as there wasn't much to it but it held all day. I had to wear some nude nipple covers underneath as it was basically see through and I didn't want to ruin the look by putting anything visible underneath. I had a little metallic Kimono I wore over it when it was a bit cold, but it was actually a really nice day so I didn't need to wear it for a lot of the day. I had always toyed with the idea of buying a wig for festivals but this year I ended up buying a couple to try, I went for a pastel pink one with this outfit in mind. I love being matchy matchy so the pink hair went perfectly with the pink in the flares and bralet. I accessorised with the ultimate Festival earrings and one of my fave brands with my glitter Shell Bombshell earrings, and a sequin choker. I also wanted to wear my Mermaid crown I made for Halloween again, so thought what better place than a Festival. I was really worried about wearing it as it's very delicate and quite heavy due to having real shells all over it. I had to do a lot of hair pinning to try and make it as secure as I could and I couldn't look or bend down all day but I made it, and the crown lived to tell another tale, yaaaaayy!! Not forgetting a Mermaid has to have a Mermaid novelty cup so I used my pink Shell cup!















Sequin flares - French Connection 
Metal/mirrored bralet - Ebay
Pink wig - Ebay
Light up Wellies - ASOS 
Sequin bumbag - Skinnydip London 
Silver XL Shell earrings - No Basic Bombshell
Sequin choker - Miss Selfridge 
Shell crown - Made by me
Shell cup - Urban Outfitters 





As I said in my last post I kindly got sent a lovely sparkly package from FunkOnwhich included this amazing silver bridal bindi. As I had a wig and crown on a lot of my head was covered but I still wanted some sparkle so this was the perfect choice. The silver matched perfectly, the pieces are all separate in this one so it is quite fiddly but it's so beautiful, so totally worth a little extra effort. It is really intricate and has tiny little diamantés in the stickers. As it's silver it's quite neutral so could be worn for many occasions not just festivals, you could even just wear some of the gems rather than the whole one. Funkon have loads of fab bindis and face gems and if you use code 'Ash10' at the checkout you can get 10% off orders. I actually did my make up before I put my wig/crown on so they did end up covering a lot of it up unfortunately, but as I was going for a Mermaid vibe I had to have some Mermaid scales. I did some scales across my forehead and down my temples and across my cheekbones and a little on my jawline for a contoured look. I used a pair of fishnet tights and eye shadows for the scales, aswell as glitter in some areas for some extra sparkle. I went for silver/pink shimmery eyeshadows on my eyes and a mix of pink/silver fine and chunky glitters under my eyes and finished off with pastel pink glittery lips. I also added some heart stickers and a mix of glitter to my chest. It was a more toned down pastel look than Friday but still very sparkly and matched perfectly with my outfit. 









Bridal bindi - FunkOn (Use code 'Ash10' at the checkout for 10% off orders)
Heart stickers - Home bargains
Sticker - Paperchase 
Glitters - Ebay/craft shops 
Eyeshadows 'make up geek palette' by I love makeup - Superdrug
Lipstick under glitter Lime Crime Perlees in Mirage - Lime Crime
Kaleidoscope glasses - AliExpress 








Again we wanted to be down at the arena for 12 and was actually almost ready on time but there was a bit of a downpour and we were not ready for any rain so we waited for it to pass, then headed down to the arena when the sun came back out. We got there for the second band of the day Deap Vally on the main stage, I love these girls and they always have a glam look, but kinda like they just rolled in from the night before at the same time. They can make some serious noise for two small ladies and they were just what we needed to wake us up for the day.





After that we headed over to an absolutely packed Festival republic tent for The Amazons, we couldn't even get in the tent so just had to hover outside so couldn't really see much. Luckily I'd got chance to see these guys earlier in the year or I'd of been gutted as I have been loving them this year. Then it was back to the main stage for Mallory Knox, I hadn't seen them for ages so it was really nice to see them live again, I forgot how much I loved them till I had them on my Leeds playlist. There were quite a few overlaps across the day so we had to do a lot of toing and froing from stage to stage and only got to see parts of some sets, but we tried to squeeze as much in as we could.






We caught a little bit of Ratboy before heading over to the Nme stage for Declan McKenna, I've really liked him this past year or so and have been loving his album since it's release earlier this year. I was hoping for some fab sequins but he didn't have any on this time, he did still have some glitter on his face and looked fab in all white with a bright green jacket. He seemed to be loving it, getting into the crowd and got a really great reception from the crowd. We then went back to the main stage to catch a little bit of Circa waves before going to the Festival Republic tent for The Big Moon. I've tried to see these girls so many times this year but they've always clashed, this being no exception meaning we only got to see a bit of their set, but they sounded great. I'm hoping I'll finally get to see a full set from them soon.




Above photo credit - David Harrison 










Then it was back to the Nme tent for Anne-Marie, I've been a fan of her for a few years now and it was nice to see such a packed out tent in comparison to the tiny venues I've seen her in before. Unfortunately as it was only a short set she didn't really do any of her older songs from her EPs and did the more upbeat singles. Which I get as it was a Festival, I just would've liked longer so she could've done some of the slower tracks. She sounded so good, her voice really is amazing and she has such a fun personality and engaged with the crowd throughout. It was a massive singalong with everyone singing and dancing to hit tracks including 'Rockabye'. I can't wait for her to release an album, I feel I've been waiting for one for so long, so hopefully she'll be releasing one soon.








Is it really a Festival unless Two Door Cinema Club are there.. I think not! Literally every time I hear one of their songs it reminds me of being at a Festival, in particular Leeds, so it's only right they were on the line up again this year. They had a huge crowd over at the main stage with so many people on shoulders and singing their hearts out. They have such big singalong tracks and they're just such feel good songs, you can't help but dance around. We then headed back to the Nme stage for again a packed out tent for Sub Focus where the whole tent was bouncing. Then back to the main stage for Bastille, I used to absolutely love them but went off them a little after their second album, it was good but just didn't live up to the debut. A Festival is the best place to see them though as you know they'll play the hits and the songs everyone wants to hear. It was another singalong with people on shoulders and dancing around.



Above Photo credit - David Harrison









We then headed over to The Pit to catch The Amity Affliction, I've liked these guys for a while now and was really looking forward to seeing them at Rock am ring last year, but as it got cancelled whilst we was there I didn't get to see them. So I was really happy to see them on the line up, we did have to leave before the end of their set as they clashed with the headliners but we got to see most of the set and it was amazing. I really hope they tour the uk again soon as I'd love to see them at a headline show and half an hour at a Festival just isn't long enough sometimes. 





Then it was battle of the Headliners and one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make at a Festival, Kasabian and You Me at six, how do you decide between two of your absolute fave bands?! As they'd played Reading the night before we found the setlist online which we thought may help make our decision, it kind of did but kind of didn't as both setlists sounded amazing. We decided on a plan from the setlist that we'd leave part way through Kasabian to catch some of Ymas, then head back over for the rest of Kasabian's set. Kasabian started half an hour before You me at six so we got to the main stage ready for when they started, they opened with an absolute bang with 'Ill Ray (The King)' followed by banger after banger. The crowd went wild as usual and everyone was jumping up and down, singing, dancing and on people's shoulders. They really are one of the best live bands in the world, their sets are always flawless and they sound amazing without fail. 




We'd decided we'd leave 15 minutes after You me at six started to catch the middle section of their set, which meant we left halfway through Kasabian's set. We timed it pretty much perfectly as we got to the the Nme stage as they were playing 'Stay with me' the song we had hoped we'd get there for. The tent was absolutely packed despite the huge crowd at the main stage, but we managed to squeeze in to a decent spot. We stayed for 6 tracks which was a good chunk of their 15 song set and my favourite tracks of the setlist with  'Give' being one of them, a slower song from their newest ablnum that I love so much. We also got to hear 'Save it for the Bedroom' a fave track of mine from their debut album, that until their last tour they hadn't played live for years. It caused a massive singalong and a huge applause when Josh said they'd be doing a 10 years anniversary tour of their debut album 'Take off your colours' next year. This was the best news ever and I simply have to get tickets, as much as I didn't want to leave the set, knowing a tour would be coming soon softened the blow. We left after one of my favourite songs of theirs 'Take on the world' although it's a slower song it gets such a good reaction and everyone was singing at the top of their lungs. Josh sounds so good live on this track too, his voice just melts me. I had already lost my voice but after this it was outta there!!





We zoomed back over to the main stage just in time for Kasabian's encore but kept a bit further back to try and avoid the mad rush at the end, which was so weird as I'm so used to being as close to the front as I can get for them. It was nice to see the whole stage from a bit further back though. For they encore they did 'Comeback kid' then a massive fave of ours 'Vlad the impaler' we still 'got loose' even though we weren't right in the action and so did the rest of the crowd, from front to back the whole crowd was bouncing. They ended on 'Fire' and of course there was a huge singalong and flares going off in the crowd. We'd suspected they'd announce a tour whilst at Leeds as this often happens with Headliners to keep the exclusivity of them playing the Festival until afterwards, and we were right. We tried to be sensible and wait till nearer the time for tickets but after a lot of the dates started selling out within minutes we panic bought tickets. I say panic but I'm so glad we did as we couldn't miss out on the tour and standing tickets did all sell out. I'm absolutely buzzing to see them again on the arena tour in December, I've seen them so many times now but I will never get bored of them!! As much as it was a hard decision and the worst thing about festivals, I think we managed the clash pretty well. We went to the Alternative tent for Edwin Congreave from Foals dj set, then headed down to the Piccadilly party for a dance and singalong to end the night!!






No comments:

Post a Comment