Friday 8 September 2017

Leeds Festival 2017... Day Three!!!

For Sunday and the final day of the Festival Alice and I twinned with matching sequin outfits. We both already had this amazing sequin fringe jacket which we wore at Tnsmt Festival and when we saw the matching playsuit on the Pretty Little Thing website we had to have it. We thought it might be quite fun to wear them together and bring lots of sparkly rainbowness to the last day. The playsuit is the same style to the fringe one I wore on the Thursday with an open back that ties and also ties around the neck. It is really short so I did wear shorts underneath as I didn't want my bum hanging out. It has rainbow sequin fringing all over it and looks amazing, especially in the sun and surprisingly we had another sunny day. I wore my glittery light up wellies, I didn't even get a picture/video of them lighting up, but they're so fun and loads of people commented on them, they looked great at night when we was dancing around. I wore my sequin bumbag again which is an absolute Festival must have for me, to keep my valuables close to me at all times and it looks great too.
















It was a sunny day so we didn't actually need to wear the jackets all day as we did get a little hot in them. The jacket also has rainbow sequin fringing all over it and is such a fun jacket. I was unsure if it was maybe a bit extra to wear them together but I think they looked good as a set and if you can't be extra at a Festival when can you! As I had a wig on the day before my hair wasn't looking too fabulous so I decided to wear it again. I had actually brought a mint green one to wear, but I think the pink matched the outfit better so I went for that one again. I must say getting a wig was such a good idea, it meant I didn't have to worry about doing my hair for a couple of days and I enjoyed having a new look for a little while. It actually made me kinda want pink hair a little bit!! I wore my rainbow pompom headband that Alice made for me and my absolute fave rainbow glitter earrings to add to the rainbow vibe. I also took about 7 pairs of sunglasses to the Festival and forgot to take them to the arena everyday apart from the Sunday. So I wore my pink sunglasses I got in Primark when I was in Spain which I hadn't had chance to wear yet and I absolutely love them, I probably won't get chance again till next year now knowing this country! 













Sequin fringe jacket - Pretty Little Thing
Sequin fringe playsuit - Pretty Little Thing
Sequin bumbag - Skinnydip London 
Light up wellies - ASOS
Sunglasses - Primark 
Rainbow XL Earrings - No Basic Bombshell
Pompom headband - Made by Alice 
Pink Wig - Ebay




For my make up look I worked around the colours in this all in one face gem from Pretty Little Thing, it's really easy to put on as it's one piece and was only £4, bargain! It has silver, black, red, pinks, blues and purples in the gems, I added a few of my own gems underneath and to the sides to extend the look across my head. I went for pink, blue and purple eyeshadows which I topped with the same colour glitters. I then did glitter tears under my eyes with silver, pink, purple and blue glitter. I also did some rainbow stars and extra glitter down the side of head, again I did my make up before I put my wig on, so when I put it on I realised you couldn't really see the stars that well as the wig was over them. I finished off the look with a perlees lipstick topped with pastel pink glitter.








All in one Face gem - Pretty Little Thing
Eyeshadows 'makeup geek palette' by I love makeup - Superdrug 
Lipstick under glitter Lime Crime Perlees in Mirage - Lime Crime
Glitter - Ebay/craft shops 
Stars - Craft shop





We had heard on the Friday that Wolf Alice would be doing a secret set on Sunday as they had played Reading on Friday. It was confirmed it would be on the Festival Rebuplic stage first thing so we tried to get there on time. We're not the best timekeepers but we did manage to get there in time for half the set, the tent was packed so we had to try and peer in from the edges. It's a shame we couldn't get in as I absolutely love them and couldn't hear or see too well. I am seeing them on their headline tour this Autumn though which I cannot wait for, and I'm buzzing for their new album. 



There were a few acts I wanted to see on the smaller stages but they overlapped so much that we didn't really have time to go and see any of their set to then get back to the main stage, so we decided to sacrifice them and stay at the main stage for a while. First up was Moose Blood, I have loved this band for a while now and it was really nice to see them on the main stage after seeing them at the pit a couple of years ago. I love seeing bands progress especially at festivals and they definitely desterved that main stage slot. 




After that it was The Pretty Reckless, I haven't seen them for a few years so it was good to see them live again. Alhough the set wasn't as good as I'd hoped as it was mostly newer tracks and I much prefer their older stuff. Taylor Momsen was dressed all in black with a much more toned down look with her being completely covered up and her bleached hair toned down to a honey blonde, a far cry from the skimpy outfits and peroxide blonde hair I was used to seeing from her.




Above photo credit - David Harrison

Next up was Pvris, I absolutely adore these guys and have been a fan for a couple of years now. I love singer Lynns voice, they kinda reminded me of Paramore in the earlier days when I first heard them. She has such a powerful voice and all their songs are so catchy. I loved the first album and had it on repeat for so long, they released their second album whilst we were at the festival but I had heard the couple of tracks they had released so far before and loved them. They mostly played songs from their debut and the couple of new singles, all the songs went down well and the crowd was singing along. As soon as I got back I listened to their new album and have had it on constantly since, it's really good and filled with loads of catchy singalong tracks. 




Above photo credit - David Harrison

We then headed over to the Dance stage for Becky Hill, the tent was absolutely packed. I loved her when she was on The voice a few years back but hadn't really listened to much of her music since then. Most of the tracks she did were dance songs that she features on, but even on that kind of song you could tell how amazing her voice is. She absolutely belted out the tunes and sounded amazing, it was a short but sweet set and she looked cute in a pink outfit. We then headed over to the Nme stage to catch the end of The Marmozets set.





Next in the Nme tent was Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, I really like their albums so was really looking forward to seeing them. Frank has a reputation for being pretty mental at his live shows and although he scares the life out of me he's so fucking cool. He was hilarious when he spoke between songs and got a big applause when he spoke about girls being safe at gigs and getting as many girls to crowd surf for a song under his watch. He also got everyone down on the floor then all jumping up together. But my best moment was when he got in the crowd and actually did a handstand on the crowds hands, that guy got skills!!


Above photo credit - David Harrison



We then sat outside the tent and had a bit of a chill whilst we waited for Sundara Karma to come on, we ended up watching from outside the tent so we could have a little sit down. I've really enjoyed their album this year and it was nice to just sit and watch them and actually see what was going on on the stage on the screens.





We'd decided to take some of our stuff to our friends car who was leaving that night as he had work and we had far too much luggage to carry home by public transporrt, so chose a time when there were bands we were less fussed on. When we got back Major Lazer were on the main stage, there was a huge crowd and lots of visuals on the stage. The whole field was dancing and they got a really good reaction, I'd seen them on the Nme stage a few years back and they'd certainly upped there game with the performance since then. We missed the end of the set as we headed over to catch The View but I saw that Diplo had crowd surfed in a plastic ball over the crowd!



In the Festival Republic tent The View played to a pretty packed out tent, they have been a fave of mine for so many years so it's been great to have seen them play live again this year. I wish it had been a longer set as half an hour just wasn't long enough. There was a great energy in the tent with massive singalongs and they really picked up our energy, as by this point on the Sunday you can start to flag. When they finished we whizzed over to The Pit to catch the end of One Ok Rock, another band I'd wanted to see at Rock Am Ring last year but due to the cancellation didn't get to. They're a Japanese rock band with a bit of a pop punk feel and the lead singers voice is amazing, looking at them you wouldn't expect them to sound the way they do, they have a very American vibe and have featured a few American singers such as Alex from All time low and Kellin from Sleeping with sirens on their albums. It's a shame we didn't get to see all the set as I really enjoyed them, so hopefully I'll get a chance to see them again.






It was then headliner time with Eminem on the main stage, we'd missed the start of the set but after seeing the Readling setlist the best songs were further into the set so we didn't mind. It was also the fourth time I've seen him, he was really good and better than the last time he played Leeds where he did seem to be a bit bored. His banter on stage with Mr porter did seem a bit rehearsed but he did seem to be making the effort to engage with the crowd. And a big crowd it was with the field being packed from front to back, we stayed quite far back as didn't feel like we needed to be right in the crowd and we wanted to try and catch some of While she sleeps set so wanted a quick getaway if need be. He played so many bangers but the only disapointing thing was he only played a minute or so of some of them before going into another track. I get that he was a million songs so wanted to squeeze as much in as possible but it would've been nice to hear the full tracks, especially as a lot of my favourite ones he cut short. It was a 33 song set but he really did whizz through it. I'd wanted to go to see while she sleeps who started later but typically Eminem was on the best part of his setlist as they came on, so we ended up staying till he went off before the encore.




We rushed over to The Pit to catch the last couple of songs from While she sleeps, it did mean we missed 'Lose yourself' but as the encore was only the one song I could live with that. I've liked while she sleeps for years but have listened to them a lot more recently and absolutely love their album 'You are we' that came our earlier this year. I was gutted their last tour sold out so quick as I didn't get to go, so was gutted they clashed as I would've really liked to have seen their whole set. They ended with 'Silence speaks' and 'Hurricane', both from the new album and two of my favourite tracks from it. They sounded so good live and had so much energy on stage. The crowd went mental with loads of people crowd surfing and making circle pits with confetti cannons ending the set perfectly. 



After the music ended we had a quiet night at the tent as we are definitely getting old now and struggle to party a few nights in a row. It was such a great Festival as always although I'm gutted summer is officially over now, I need to start filling up my Autumn/winter gig calendar, I need something to ease me into this awful time of year. So until next year Leeds, peace out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment