Thursday 21 April 2016

Vintage weigh & pay haul & what I wore!!!

A few weeks ago I finally managed to get to the blue rinse kilo sale in Manchester and got lots of fabulous things, so I definitely wanted to try to go to more of these types of events. I keep seeing similar events popping up on Facebook for different areas, so when I saw the vintage weigh and pay event pop up for Derby I knew I had to go and check it out. It worked the same way as the blue rinse kilo sale, basically you pay for the weight, with it costing £15 per kilo. We went for the early bird at 10am which cost £3, it was worth turning up early as there was already a big queue. The way the rails were positioned it was hard to shop as nobody would let you in and it was a bit of a free for all, but I think that was due to the venue rather than the organisation. Clothing was organised really well with most things on rails making it easier to shop and everything grouped in categories, dresses, belts, trousers etc. The items were of really good quality aswell which you don't always find with these kind of things. I was on a bit of a budget as I have lots of plans coming up so was trying not to pick up too many things. I did still end up with a massive pile but managed to eliminate some items when I tried them on. With a early birthday treat from my mum and her boyfriend I actually managed to only spend about £33, bargain!! Although the actual total of all of my items was £66, I think you'll agree that's an absolute steal considering I got 12 items all together. So here's a rundown of what I actually got.


I spotted this jazzy number on a mannequin on the way in and immediately took it off, it's a sweatshirt material with sequin/velvet detail all over and will be perfect for festivals as a cover up if it's cold or in the evening and for just general day to day wear.



Next up this sassy printed shirt with a tie waist, I'm a sucker for any kind of printed shirt.


Another sassy shirt with a patchwork floral print.



Another printed shirt, you can never have too many! I love the bright blue and green print on this.



This little sheer number, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a blouse or a jacket type thing, but it only had a hook and eye at the top and bottom and kind of strangled me when I tried it as a blouse. So I thought I'd get it to wear as a cover up/jacket especially as it barely weighed a thing.



This amazing parrot printed short sleeved jacket/blazer which is going to be amazing for summer!


This floral pleated granny skirt, I always find these types of granny skirts but they're always big and I end up having to make them smaller, so I was so pleased as this fit perfectly.


This wrangler denim jacket that I am planning on putting some patches on.



This amazing afghan coat! I have been after one for ages but never found one that fit right or they were always too expensive. I know it's not really the right time of year for a coat but it fit me perfectly and I knew if I left it behind when it got to winter again I wouldn't end up finding another. It was also amazing as it was on the fixed price rail so was only £15 rather than weighing it, it would have been a lot more than 1kg so it's an absolute bargain. I'll just have to store it away for a few months!



And finally a couple of accesories, this amazing western style belt with silver metal detail and little animals around it. 



And this chain detail belt with a little pouch/bag attached. Kind of like a bumbag but a bit smarter. I thought it was a bit different and it only worked out about £3 bargain!


So on the day we actually had some sun so I whacked out the summer flares! These crochet print jersey flares I got last summer for Glastonbury, I've only worn them a couple of times so want to try get them back out as much as I can this summer. I teamed them with an off the shoulder gyspy style top and my fringe leather look jacket to keep the chill off. I layered a couple of necklaces, wore a coin Headchain and used my new Primark fringe bag I got in the sale last week for a 5er! I finished the look with my nextrane chunky sandals and my new fave rainbow mirrored sunnies!








Crochet print trousers - Rokoko @ Asos
Gyspy top - Oasis
Fringe leather look jacket - Missguided
Fringe bag - Primark
Jeffrey Campbell Nextrane sandals - Office
Tattoo choker & mood stone necklace - Topshop
Bullet necklace - Love bullets @ Asos
Headchain - Primark
Sunglasses - Primark






Overall I think I did pretty damn good, if there is ever a kilo sale in your area I would definitely check it out as there's something for everyone and you get so much for your money. It takes a good rummage but it's worth it and that's all part of the fun. We even got papped at the event!!



No comments:

Post a Comment